Balmy morning ....

11th September 2022 (Sunday)      21.00 .... I had an absolutely brilliant


morning for my ‘paper run’ .... and I remembered the paper.  It was one of those balmy mornings with a hint of autumn in the air, and everything was quiet and still.   I stopped at the ‘Paper Shop’ before going to the harbour so that I wouldn’t forget the paper.   I took a whole load o’ photographs of the villages from my usual viewpoints... plus a few others.   Although the subject(s) are the more or less always same;  however, no two photos are ever the same.... ‘cos the ‘light’ is always different.... and I like looking at them.  

Iain decided to ‘rake off’ early so that he would be well up the road when he met  HM The Queen’s cortege on its way to Edinburgh.   He stopped at a lay-by but had to wait half an hour before the convoy started to appear;  and he got a few photos ... which I have yet to see.   I wanted to watch the cars leaving Balmoral and coming down the Deeside Road, because I have driven that road many times.  One of the photos I took (off


the TV) was of the cortege passing Crathes village hall where I went to the ‘Rural’ Christmas parties in 1945... and 1946.   HM coffin is now in the Throne Room at Holyrood Palace.   So... I’ve had a ‘lazy’ day... sort of keeping my eye on the progress from Balmoral to Edinburgh so that I could take photos as HM hearse as it passed particular places.   I managed to get a few. 

Hmmmm.... it’s rainin’ (as per forecast), and we could wake up to a wet early morning;  the time when I like to bumble out and about.   So that bumbling might (if it’s raining) have to happen later;  and the villages will be busy.   I’ll probably wait until the sunny spells arrive.

Iain is back home (at Auchnagatt) being tenderly cared for by Jackie!   I am in Ivy being


tenderly cared for by ‘me’.  ‘Nae ‘plan for tomorrow;  everything depends on how the weather is first thing.   It will be fine when the sun breaks through;  ‘sunny intervals and a moderate breeze’ is the forecast but it could be damp first thing.   In the meantime I shall ‘tenderly care for me’, by making a cuppa of hot chocolate.

Oh Iain got a good photo of HM hearse....  on the A92 south of Aberdeen.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....