Slightly damp ....

5th September 2022 (Monday)      07.30.... It’s not the bonniest of mornings; 


we’ve had rain overnight .... but I have a washing going through the machine, and I’m hoping  to hang it out later.   I’m feeling positive, bright and breezy in fact;  unfortunately the sky is mostly overcast, not ‘iggzactly’ the way I’d like it to be:  having said that, we’re only a couple of thousand feet away from a bonnie day.   And it’s breakfast time.

16.30    We ended up with a glorious ‘drying day’ and the washing dried in ‘nae time: I know you will have been wondering about it.   (It will be ironed while I’m watching something on the tele).   Being as it was such a bonnie day I did something I rarely do;  I went out with the camera.... in the middle of the day.   It was pleasantly warm even though the breeze was off the water.    Elaine came round Chapel Green, walking her dog, and joined me on the


‘Webster’ seat where we had a long, and enjoyable, conversation...' while her dog (bless his hairy feet) waited patiently for his walk.   Elaine set off with dog and I moved to The Boss’s seat;  where I slowly began to feel guilty:  why?.... because I hadn’t done any ‘ooverin’ or dustin’ this morning.   I dragged the ‘oover ower the living room when I got back home!   It's been all 'go' today.

22.00    This has been an excellent ‘rest’ day ....it turned out even bonnier than I expected... and warmer.    And it ended with a red sky so tomorrow should be a bonnie day.

I have no plan for tomorrow but the forecast is for us to have ‘thundery showers with a


moderate breeze;  so there should be interesting clouds around us....I’m hoping to see the clouds while they deposit their contents somewhere else.  If the weather is good Alice will come along to Elie, where I will meet her and we will go to Pittenweem Braes to see the outdoor swimming pool, the shelter with the murals.... then walk down to Pittenweem Harbour for an ice cream;  but only if the weather is amenable.

It hasn’t been an exciting day but it has been very relaxing and enjoyable;  and   I’m looking forward to Pittenweem tomorrow so I definitely want the showers to be ‘somewhere else’.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....