Falkland Palace....

 

10th September 2022 (Saturday)    09.00 ....It’s a lovely , bright and


sunny, autumnal morning.   I haven’t been out on the bike, but Iain and I are going to Falkland Palace (NTS) for a change of scene.   The forecast is good for the whole day... in fact it could be warm in the afternoon.

20.30   Iain and I had a brilliant day for going to Falkland Palace;  I actually found it too warm inside, but a rest in the Chapel (Jim and I recorded the Chapel about 10 years ago) revived me and soon cooled off in the passageway with the tapestries on the wall.   We’ve been to Falkland Palace before but find something new on each visit.

On the way to the garden we passed through the shop where we bought a much needed ice cream;  I really enjoyed that.   Iain went off to take photos of the garden while sat and thought about how important Falkland Palace had been in Scottish history.   One of


the Guides came from an Earlsferry family;  Bennett.   I think she said that Patricia (Pat)  was the only one of the family living in The Ferry now.   When I am browsing Kinneuchar Kirk records, looking for Maggie’s ancestors,  I often come across the name Bennett... he was one of the Kinneuchar kirk elders;  this in the 1750’s.  It’s a small world right enough.

We enjoyed our outing to Falkland Palace;  and I look forward to going back there again with Alice..... though she and Izzy might already have done the Palace.

It has been  a bonnie day today;  probably a little bit too warm for me, but then again I was probably a little bit over dressed.   To be honest I didn’t expect it to be as warm as it was today;  the car thermometer was showing 22C on the way home.   That was inland... in the Howe o’ Fife in fact.

Nae ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  Iain goes back to Auchnagatt after lunch so we might have a

You can see why I'm better at the other end of  a camera!

walk to the beach after breakfast.   The forecast for KY9 is not bad;  ‘light cloud and a gentle breeze’ with rain coming in later in the afternoon/evening.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....