Lovely morning....

16th September 2022 (Friday)      21.00 .... I have been a busy boy


today... although I didn’t feel ‘in the mood’ to be busy when I got up.  However I did some ‘ousework and, and in the process, found the perfect place to hang Alice’s bead picture of ‘Blob’.    ‘He’ is now hanging in the middle of the family photos;  let’s face it.... he is ‘family’.  The present ‘Blob’ will be the 19th at least.  ‘Blob the First’ appeared in 1963 when Maggie and I came back, from Edinburgh, to live permanently in ‘The Ferry’.

After doing the ’ousework I went to Elie to meet Alice off the 10.30 bus;  only thing was she was on the 11.30 one (as we’d arranged the previous evening).   Being a bonnie morning, instead of going back home I went to ‘arbour ‘ouse to buy a morning coffee;  well.... would you believe it Laura was being assisted by none other than Brenda....who I haven’t seen since the early days of the COVID pandemic.   Both girls look even younger than they did then....with Brenda looking especially colourful;  she had the most gorgeous hair colour that made the sun look insipid in comparison.  I left ‘arbour ‘ouse with the feeling that everything is finally getting back to normal.   From ‘arbour ‘ouse I bumbled my way over to the seat by the kirk wall to watch the traffic go by.  Well who came along but Monica, who I haven’t seen since Alistair (her husband) died.    We had a lot of catching up to do:  and that is what we did.   So, although I had to wait an hour


until the next bus came along, it passed swiftly... and pleasantly;  because I also met and chatted to Anna (who was going to the dentist) and Lyndsey who was out walking Daisy, her dog.   So I had an enjoyable hour while waiting for the 11.30 bus;  which appeared, with Alice, as originally arranged.   We went back to Ivy, had a cuppa before having some homemade soup that Alice brought.

In the afternoon we went to the West Braes (Pittenweem) as planned, and had a wander down to the open air swimming pool.   We then came home by way of Crail, Higham Toll and Largoward.   Crail was loaded with parked cars, my normal parking place, at the top of the Hen’s Ladder, was full.... as was the High Street, so we didn’t stop.   Crail will be done on a quieter day.

We got back to Ivy in time to have another cuppa (this time with a broon scone) and a


blether, in The Hutte, before an early evening denner.... followed by a quiet run back to Methil;  I got back to Ivy as the sun set over the cliffs.   A really enjoyable day.... and it looks if could another bonnie day tomorrow if the sunset is anything to go by.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....