Sunny and warm ....

21st September 2022 (Wednesday)   08.30 ... It’s sunny and warm this


morrrrrrrning,  so with a light breeze, a perfect drying day ... or ‘play’ day:  even a work day if you are so inclined.   I’m not.  I’d go out on the bike but I’d better leave that until afternoon; in case I forget about the jabs.   Right now I’m thinking.... ‘food’. 

17.30    Ladywalk Clinic was busy with COVID/Flu vaccinations, but everything was flowing smoothly and I was ‘done and dusted’, 7 minutes after my allotted time.  When I was in it looked like everyone was from Elie and Earlsferry.... but it was hard to recognise folk with their masks on.   I waved to Mabel, who I haven’t seen for a while (I think it was Mabel)... and I was sitting next to Irene so the time passed quickly;  Irene had mislaid Ken!   So far I don’t appear to have any after effects.... though I do feel drowsy.  An early night in bed with a book, will sort the drowsiness.

We’ve had a sunny and pleasantly warm  afternoon, but I see the sky is starting to cloud over;  rain is forecast to come our way overnight.


19.00    Watching the servicemen and women marching at the HM’s State funeral had me thinking of some more of my days at Aldershot.   One morning our class was marching back from the Classroom to the Dining Room, when I dropped a book:  I stepped to the side to pick up the book, while the class kept on marching;  when I stood up I was alongside the Sergeant (Broughton)  at the rear of the column.    Halting the Class he shook his head and said “Lawrie when you drop a book you ‘oller “Corporal book”, and the Corporal will pick it up.   I was sent back to my place and we marched to our destination without further ado.   I enjoyed marching... the sound of the tackety boots on the parade ground was something else.   
When I think about it I actually wrote about my National Service experience many years ago.   I must see if I can find it and, if it looks interesting, I’ll bung it up on my blog.

21.00   I’m beginning to feel drowsy again so I’ll have my chocolate and have an early


night.   Iain has just phoned to say that I should get my camera (SX70) tomorrow.... and I am looking forward to getting out and about with it again:  the weather forecast isn’t bad... but there is a chance of ‘light precipitation’. Anyway I’m orf to make the chocolate, then away to bed.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....