18th September 2022 (Sunday)   11.30 .... It’s a quiet, cloudier morning, but


there’s only a light breeze so very little wind chill.... a good ‘play day’.   Unfortunately I have a cauld so playing is on hold for a couple o’ days.   Having said that, I went for the paper on the bike and enjoyed  the exercise; hopefully the sun will break through later; if it does it could be reasonably warm.   I’m going to have morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee; oh, almost forgot;   I slept in ... didn’t get up until 07.45. so I am running late.





19.30   I have done a wee bit o’ ousework today, but most of the day has been spent resting and staying warm;  I have to shake off this cold by Wednesday, which is when I get the flu and COVID jabs.   I won’t get them if I have a cold.

The ‘plan’ was to go down to the harbour and be part of the Community ‘silent Minute’ at 20.00 but I thought, because I want to be fit to have the jabs on Wednesday, I’d better miss out the harbour:  I’m going to do my ‘silent minute’ with ‘The Queue’ in Westminster Hall. 


20.30    Doing the minutes silence with ‘The Queue’ was very poignant.... it sort of felt like I was there, in Westminster Hall.  Tomorrow will be another, and the final, day of solemn pageantry, with HM The Queen’s funeral Service in Westminster Abbey then the long journey across London for the private service and interment at Windsor Castle: not only the inevitable, and sad, end to a long reign by our remarkable, and much loved Queen,... but also the end of a dynamic chapter in UK history.

21.30    I am feeling slightly brighter tonight;  another quiet day staying warm should shake off this cold fairly rapidly.   It has to be gone by Wednesday!    I’ll wrap up well if I go out on the bike tomorrow:  the roads should be quiet first thing... and we shouldn’t have any lorries making deliveries to the various building sites around The Ferry.  I’m hoping for a quiet, brighter day than today.... and even warmer so that I can have a turn ‘roond the villages’; if I’m feeling good.    

It's chocolate time.    I've taken a dose of Beechams 'All in One' so I should get a good night's sleep.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....