Autumnal morning ....

14th September 2022 (Wednesday)      08.30 .... This is a 'stay in' afternoon


as the boiler is being serviced;   ‘play time’ will be after this update.    It’s a nice morning but is noticeably cooler (garden thermometer showing 10C) as the breeze is from the NNW;   there’s definitely an autumnal feel to the air.  

10.00    It’s a bonnie day, and I enjoyed a turn out on the bike.    I might go out again after the boiler is serviced, but that will depend on when the boiler is done and dusted.   I didn’t go far when out on the bike;  only as far as Chapel Green, then through the golf course and along Grange Road.    I really fancied going for a longer run but there’s no way I could chance that;  I’d forget about the boiler... and that could be done anytime between midday and 16.00.

21.30    The boiler service engineer arrived about 15.00 and finished before 16.00, so that’s the boiler ready for winter:  whether it will be used often remains to be seen.   

I’ve been watching Queen Elizabeth’s coffin being moved from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Hall.   My word....there just  isn’t another country that can do pageantry like the UK;  the way it’s all done is just perfect... and artistic.  A sad occasion, but what an awesome and sensitive way it was done.   Tears?... oh aye;  this is the only Queen I’ve ever known....and shedding a few tears in her memory is small thanks for all she has for our country.... and us.    The next procession will be the final journey to Westminster Abbey on Monday19th.   I’ll get the kitchen roll organised.   The ‘send off’ from Scotland was also excellently done, obviously not on such a grand scale; but, there was ‘love’ in abundance.  And it hadn’t been done before.  

'Blob' - done with tiny beads by Alice.

Happy ‘news’ .... Alice is home from gadding aboot in Aberdeenshire with her daughter Izzy.   They were visiting NTS castles ... and had excellent weather most of the time.   She fell in love with a six foot three inch bloke;  so I told her that I am six foot four when lying down:  it’s when I’m vertical that all my bones fall into place and, suddenly I’m 5 foot 6 inches.  I don’t think she was taken in by that.   Anyway they had a lovely time in Aberdeenshire;  I’ll take her to Pittenweem!

Nae plan for tomorrow.... the weather forecast is good so I might go for a longer run on the bike.  

 23.00    While having my chocolate I switched to Channel 2 and watched the people filing past Queen Elizabeth’s coffin in Westminster Hall;  it’s quite emotional  watching  folk of all shapes, sizes, age, colour, and creed, mourning the passing of a ‘loved one’ ... aye our Queen was a ‘loved one’.     The 'viewing' is brilliantly organised. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....