Season of mists etc.....

2nd September 2022 (Friday)   10.30 .... we had a John Keats “Season of


mists and mellow fruitfulness...” start to the day;  reminded me of Austria in September.    Our wee villages look lovely all the time, but especially so on a balmy autumn morning like we had this morning;  I was admiring it all from the harbour.  






22.30    The wind freshened a wee bit during the day, which is exactly what was needed to dry the downie cover;  so... tomorrow’s mission will be making up the single bed.   I also want to do a wee bit of gardening tomorrow; but that depends on the weather.  The weather forecast for Saturday is ‘light showers and a fresh breeze’;  so tomorrow looks like being another nice, albeit breezy, day, with the chance of precipitation.   Actually there will be a bit of wind chill as the breeze is off the North Sea.


I met Alice off the bus at Elie this afternoon and we had a quiet cuppa and blether at Ivy before going down to the harbour (in the car) to have a walk around.     The breeze was quite frisky by this, time so we didn’t do much walking:  however we enjoyed what we did.   Alice couldn’t remember being at Elie harbour before today.   The next time we go out to a harbour we’ll have warm togs in the car;  Alice is good company and has a cheerful and positive outlook to life.  I was surprised to see so many people at the harbour, and they seemed to be unaware of the cool wind. 

Back at Ivy we had a blether with Bob, followed by a light snack before I took Alice back


home.   I came home by way of The Crusoe instead of the country route, and noticed, out of the corner of my eye, that the burnt out shell of the Lundin Links Hotel is well on its way to becoming landfill. 

I’m well ready for bed tonight.... even though I haven’t done much physical ‘work’.  It’s chocolate time.... and I might even have a chocolate biscuit.

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....