Beautiful morning ....

13th September 2022 (Tuesday)      07.30 ....It’s bright and sunny, with a


wall to wall ‘bloo’ sky and a light breeze from the WNW;  a crackin’ start to what is going to be a bonnie day... and warm in the afternoon.   I’m going out on the bike after another cuppa.

08.30    I’ve had a cuppa but have decided to let the sun warm the air up a bit;  I’ll do some ‘ousework  before venturing out on the bike;  and have breakfast.   It’s a beautiful morning but the air is cool.

People have been paying their respects to HM The Queen right through the night at St Giles’ Cathedral; I did think of going but it would have been a struggle for me getting up from Waverley Station ... especially if my asthma kicked in, which it most likely would have done with the city traffic.   She was an especial lady was our Queen.  Yesterday I said that I’d probably watch less of the coverage when the coffin went south:  there’s no chance of that happening.   I’ll be watching all the pageantry, as we say ‘cheerio’ to our beloved Queen.


21.30    I had a brilliant run on the bike;  up to Kinneuchar then home by Elie Estate and Elie.   It was a perfect morning for biking... and the roads were quiet;  and I had Elie Estate to myself... though I imagine Stuart would be working somewhere.  

When I got back to Ivy I put the bike battery on charge, .... then had ‘morning coffee’ while browsing the photos I’d taken,  and fired up the TV to catch up with the news before lunch.  After lunch I settled down to sort out the photos, but had to have a catnap as it was too warm;  I am useless in the afternoon from about 14.00 through to 16.00, if it’s hot.   I did wake up in time to follow Her Majesty’s coffin being moved from St Giles’ Cathedral to Edinburgh Airport.... and thence to RAF Northolt (London).   HM is now in Buckingham Palace for the night before being taken to Westminster Hall to lie in state for four days.  It’s expected that hundreds of thousands of folk will want to view the coffin and pay their respects.

Seeing the coffin being carried out of St Giles’ Cathedral, with a piper playing ‘The


Floo’ers o the Forest’ was a very emotional time for me;  tears were flowing.   Our Queen, the UK’s Queen...the World’s Queen even, was leaving Bonnie Scotland for last time.   It was very sad.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....