Blustery showers ....

30th September 2022 (Friday)     09.15.... It was breezy on the beach at


sunrise... but not as cold as I’d expected it to be.   Caroline and Steve, here on holiday from Cumbria, joined me on the beach, with their new Westie; I first met Caroline and Steve 7 years ago, but hadn’t seen them for a few years, so we enjoyed a spectacular sunrise, while we catching up with each other’s ‘news’.   Since then spells of rain have started to blow through on the wind so it isn’t a pleasant day out; but it’s bonnie as long as you are sheltered from the wind... and occasional spells o’ rain.... sometime heavy.   Bring on the sunny spells.



14.30    At last, after a wet and windy few hours, the sky is starting to show promising signs.... I’m looking forward to an evening of sunny spells.   I haven’t done very much today.... apart from wash the dishes (switched 'on' dishwasher) and watch the snooker.   The tables are surrounded by the most boring advertising graphics I’ve ever seen.... “CAZOO Search. Drive. Smile.”.... so I had to find out what a ‘Cazoo’ is;  it’s an online second-hand car selling and buying website.   Hey the sun is breaking through;  the sunny spells are with us.... unfortunately so is the wind (F7 out in the Firth), but it is starting to calm down.  I’m going to have another cuppa then venture out to The Hutte.


22.00    Well, a wild day ended up bright and sunny.... and breezy but nothing like the wind we had in the middle part of the day.    I assume it was the weather that prevented the Ferry Toad holes being filled in today;  I wonder if they will work tomorrow to get the job finished?    This is the Fife holiday weekend.

I gave up watching the snooker;  the advertising annoyed me.   Instead, I made Eve’s Pudding with the apples I got from Anne and some off my own tree;  and it turned out perfectly.  The only thing was ... I didn’t have custard!... but that didn’t stop me enjoying it.... and I got two for the freezer so a reasonably productive day.   I’ll buy custard powder the next time I go shopping.

This had been a funny old day for me;  but we get days like that.   I’m hoping to get out


on the bike tomorrow.... the forecast is good.... breezy with sunny intervals’; but it’s the equinoctial gales season so it might be too windy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....