Bright and breezy ....

12th September 2022 (Monday)      07.30 .... we have a bonnie

Photo courtesy BBC TV.

morning, 
though everything is wet after overnight rain:   it was raining at 04.30 but all is good now.    I am expecting a good drying day  and intend taking advantage of that;  I’ll have a quick bumble round the villages....  once the washing is on the line;  I’m thinkin’ it could be warm in the afternoon, even with a frisky breeze from the West.

21.30   It was warm in the afternoon; too warm for me being active, but I managed to empty the shelves in the boiler cupboard, ready for the boiler being serviced on Wednesday afternoon.   The remainder of the afternoon I watched HM The Queen being moved from Holyrood Palace to St Giles Cathedral.... and the service that followed.    There’s much sadness around the country;  it’s surprising just how emotional this can be... even watching it from afar on the tele.   It’s very poignant.

Photo courtesy BBC TV.

Before lunch I decided to refuel the car (Colinsburgh) then went to ‘The Store’ (Anstruther) to buy a few messages.   The Store was busy... and was getting busier as I was leaving; the Waid pupils were on their lunch break!   I came home by the ‘back road’ to avoid temporary traffic lights between the Dreel brig and the roundabout at the top o’ Roger Street.  To be honest, I like coming home that way (the back road) for a change o’ scene.

It has been a perfect ‘drying day’ and washing I did this morning dried in ‘nae time’;  in fact I’ll iron the bits and pieces that need ironing after this update.   Tomorrow is going to be ‘sunny with a gentle breeze’ ... so another good drying day... and I have nae washing to do.   Actually the next few days are likely to all be good ‘drying days’ so I’ll wash towels later in the week.

Although I feel that I haven’t done anything I have been fairly active around Ivy;  HM is

The Scottish Crown (courtesy BBC TV)

being moved south to London late tomorrow afternoon, so I won’t be watching so much tele after that....oh I’ll keep an eye on what is happening in London but it will feel remote and ‘not our Scottish Queen’.   I will watch the final dat at Westminster Abbey.  The past few days we have been mourning losing our beloved ‘Queen of Scots’:  down south, for some obscure reason, HM becomes Queen Elizabeth II;  that’s something I can’t understand as HM was in fact, as I’ve said before, the first ‘Queen Elizabeth’ of the United Kingdom.  1707 saw the uniting of Scotland with England which formed the Kingdom of Britain;  then in 1801 Ireland joined and this created the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.   I’m not being pedantic about all this;  I like thing to be historically correct.  And ...yes, I do know why England uses the regnal number II, but I’d like someone to clarify its usage re the United kingdom.   Never mind, HM gave permission to be known as the ‘Queen of Scots’.... and nae regnal number required. 



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....