Wall to wall 'bloo' sky ....

10th August 2022 (Wednesday)     08.45 .... It’s an absolute cracker o’ a


mornin’;  wall to wall blue sky with only a light breeze... it will be hot by midday.   I’ve been up to Chapel Green, taken a few photos;  I would have taken more but the camera battery went and I didn’t have a spare with me.  It’s brilliant morning to be out.... I might do some work on the gate later;  there won’t be much done inside today!


21.00    Wellll .... it has been one cracker o’ a day;  even I enjoyed some time out in the sun.   I was working on the front gate so wasn’t directly in the sun, but it was comfortably warm in the shade ... 24C.   I thought I had some of the original stain to paint the gate but it had dried up... which was unfortunate ‘cos I was on a roll.   However it is ready to be painted when I get a new tin o’ stain.   The sign is ready to be screwed on;  I’ll do that in the morning.

I haven’t done much in the way of ‘ousework (de-mancaving);  but I’ll give |Michael and Janice’s room a quick ‘oover and dust in the morning.   They have abed to fall into.

The villages are busy and I imagine that the beach would have been busy in the afternoon.   It would have been  a really good day for going for a walk on paddle boards.... or doing anything on or in the water.


22.30     Today has been one of the best days I’ve had since having the virus;  having said that I was inside during the hottest part of the day....and will do the same as long as this hot spell lasts.... which is until the beginning of next week.   England is being hit by another heatwave.... and water shortage.



Slight moan.   I’ve been thinking about the huge profits amassed by BP (and others);  profits they have done nothing extra to earn.   In the meantime, most of the general population is worrying about surviving through the coming winter;  and, to make a difficult situation even worse,  having to contribute towards even bigger profits for the oil companies over the next year or two.    One thing that could really help would be a 90% windfall tax on the profits made in this way.... and the money raised be used to keep everybody’s gas and electricity bills lower.   Moan over.    That made me feel better;  everybody is allowed to dream now and again!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....