Lovely start to the day ....

23rd August 2022 (Tuesday)     “Happy Birthday to Janice”... who is 21 again today. xx    

07.30   It’s balmy, slightly humid kind o’ mornin’, with the chance of light, early


morning, drizzle ;  could be a bonnie day later.   I’m feeling frisky and in the mood to go out on the bike, but will have to wait until the slight dampness passes.   In the meantime .... I need a cuppa.

23.30   We’ve been playing cards;  something I haven’t done for yonks.   Janice found a load o’ cards in a bag and we managed to build one pack out of the heap, having converted Hearts into Diamonds etc.   I must remember to buy a pack of cards.   I didn’t win.    I think we were playing a game called ‘Rummy’.

The day turned out nice... and it was warm;  too warm for me in the afternoon.   The ‘Troops’ went to St Andrews where Michael bought a ‘birthday’ cake for Janice so we had a quiet celebration of Janice’s 21st (again).   We even had a glass of fizz.   I enjoyed Janice’s birthday.

I must have done something today;  going out on the bike was one of the things  I didn’t do.   Food I have eaten loads of.... and I did a washing.  Oh... and a few Sudoku’s in the Hutte.  Then I began to feel guilty so did some ‘ousework... then took a quick trip up to Colinsburgh Filling Station.   Jings .... I’m beginning to feel tired at the thought of all that work I’ve been doing.   Tomorrow will have to be a day of rest.


I am treating The Troops, and Alice to lunch at the 19th tomorrow:  a thank you for putting up with me.   Izzy is bringing Alice along in the morning.... and I shall take Alice home .... sometime.   Michael and Janice go home to Sussex on Thursday morning;  this means that the re man-caving of Ivy will probably start on Friday.   (It will be strange being on my own again).   It’s been good having them around; and bringing the auld cottage to life again. 

I haven’t been anywhere today to take any photos;  that just shows you how busy I have been!   I like that.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....