Quiet autumn morning ....

27th August 2022 (Saturday)      06.30 .... It’s overcast with a light breeze from


the NE... a reasonable drying day.... with a horde of sunny spells later.    I’m having another cuppa before having a ‘roond the villages’ tour;   I’ve almost forgotten the way to the ‘arbour.  

11.30   We have near enough wall to wall sunshine just now.... it’s a really nice day for work and play.   I went out on the bike at 07.30 and meandered round the villages, collected the paper and visited the harbour.   Everything is where it should be ... and the villages are looking lovely.   I was talking to a jogger from London (he hadn’t jogged from London!) who was enjoying the scenery and fresh air... a change from the hustle and bustle of the city.  And yet, he likes the hustle and bustle of London, whereas I tend to get overwhelmed with it.  

I like the buildings and history of cities but only for one day at a time;  having said that, Maggie and I lived and worked in the City of Edinburgh for three years.... and loved it.

This is the first of me having a break since getting up; it’s a brilliant drying day so I’m trying to finish the bulk of the washing today... towels etc.


21.00    I’ve been a busy boy or the past couple o’ days... having washed, and ironed, the double bed linen... and made up the bed.   I do not enjoy putting the downie back intae it’s cover... and that’s using claes pegs.  The downie at the summer TOG, but I’m thinkin’ I ought to have made it into the winter TOG;  to save me havin’ anither fecht wi’ the downie.   Tomorrow I’ll strip and wash the sheets etc. o’ the single bed.   Prior to havin’ that virus in March this work would have been  dawdle... now it’s hard work and I am weary and stiff tonight.   It has been a perfect day for doing all the holiday washing;  I may be tired and weary but I’m happy.

There’s a chance that Sunday could be cloudier with an easterly breeze bringing cloud in


from the North Sea.  The bulk of the holiday washing has been done;  with only the single bed to do (as already mentioned above)... so the weather won't stop me now.   Alice has invited me along to Methil for dinner tomorrow so I won’t have to do any cooking;  I’m looking forward to that.   Sunday could be a ‘rest day’.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....