Nice morrrning ....

4th August 2022 (Thursday)     09.45 .... The overnight rain (which doesn’t

Overnight rain moving away.

appear to have been that heavy) is moving away to the Southeast;  and we have a bonnie day coming in from the West. I’ve been for the paper (and got it).... and  had a quick trip to the harbour.... in the car ‘cos I had to get milk for the Cornflakes.   I’ll go out on the bike after breakfast;  oh the standard of de-mancaving has been downgraded  from pristine to ... er ... tidy(ish).



21.00   There’s not much to report today;  I have been deep cleaning the bathroom .... and watching the Commonwealth Games during breaks.   It hasn’t been the most exciting of days for me but I am well satisfied, and amazed that I was able to get into the corners;  and bathrooms have a lot of corners.    My right knee and hip have been replaced and I have been surprised at how they coped with all the bending and twisting:  cope they did ... just like the real things.   I imagine they will be aching tomorrow.... the new bits of metal won’t be, the muscles around them will.  I’d better have an early night in bed with a book.   When I think about it, I will have my replacement knee checked in November (12 years).


It has been a beautiful day, and a good one for doing the bathroom.   Tomorrow I have to run silicone around the bath and that will be it.   All I have to do then is sort out the bedroom.   I think I’ll have a day orf tomorrow;  or do very little in the way of ‘work’.   A ‘play day’ if the weather is fine;  ‘sunny intervals and a moderate breeze’ is the forecast.... hmmm... a good drying day.

Blob is in a serious state of moulting into his new claes for the winter; at the moment he disnae have any tail.  One of his latest brood is starting to settle down in the garden... this will lead to skirmishing.  Two Robins in the same garden over the autumn/ winter seasons just doesn’t happen.   They are very territorial.

There’s an episode of ‘New Tricks’ on the tele at 21.20 so I’m going  to make the


chocolate then settle down after a good, and tiring, day’s work.   Bedtime will be at 22.00.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....