Overcast with 'mizzle' ....

30th August 2022 (Tuesday)    07.30 ....I got up at a more reasonable (06.30)


to find the sky overcast (as per weather forecast) with light Scotch Mist, I think it’s now called ‘mizzle’, having drifted in from the North Sea;  not weather for going out on the bike.   I’ll go for the paper later in the morning... by that time the Chemist will be open, (I’m feeling positive) the ‘mizzle’ back out at sea.... and maybe even a brighter sky heralding in the first signs of sunny spells;  at the moment all the Fife weather cams are grey.

10.30   Mmmmmm.... the ‘mizzle’ is proving to be thrawn;  it is not keen to move back to the North Sea:  I bought scones when I was up at Elie with the intention o’ biking up to Kinneuchar to visit Shona, but that might not happen until the afternoon if the dampness persists until the sunny spells arrive.   I’m still feeling positive!

16.30    I’m wondering if I should bike up to Kinneuchar now.... or leave going to Kinneuchar until Friday.   This would mean scoffing the scones I bought (3 of 4 remain): I don’t think that wouldn’t be too hard a task.   Yes I’ll leave visiting Shona until Friday.  I’ll have a cuppa .... and another scone now, then have a birl roond the Ferry before settling down for the evening. 

 


19.30    Michael phoned (from sunny Sussex) to tell me that the Pittenweem Chip Shop is on fire;  that is sad news.    That was our favourite chip shop;  we were friends with the lassie that managed it.... that was many years ago.   Janice sent a photo she found... and it’s a catastrophic looking fire.  

I never went out on the bike... or haven’t been up to now.   The air has turned quite cool so I might give it a miss;  I don’t like agitating my breathing tubes... they’re awfie delicate since having the virus.    I’ll have a wander up the road after this update instead.

20.30    I’m feeling more or less ‘back to normal’ after overdoing the work at the weekend;  tomorrow I am going to Letham Glen Craft Centre.   I didn’t know that the ‘Craft Centre’ existed.   I go into the ‘Glen’ once a year.... at Cherry Blossom time and I have seen the building but never really paid any attention to it.   It will be interesting to see what is going on in the ‘craft world’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....