Damp morrrrrning....

16th August 2022 (Tuesday)     08.00 .... Welllll.... we have much dampness


this morning.... but... there’s nae dust to get in the eyes when biking.   Except that it’s too wet to go out on the bike.  

 I’ve been for the paper (in the car because of the heavy Scotch Mist) but didn’t go to the harbour.  The rain/Scotch Mist is going to move away over the morning and I’m looking for sunny spells in the afternoon:  sunny spells are not mentioned in the weather forecast but this is Elie and Earlsferry and we have our own micro climate.   I imagine the weather will be much the same in St Andrews ....where Michael and Janice are going.    I’ll spend most of my morning in The Hutte readin’.... and dreamin’;  at the moment the Fife weather cams are all grey. and uninspiring.   

13.00    On the off chance that the sun is going to make an appearance sometime in the afternoon, I louped intae the car and went to Leven.   I was also takin advantage of finding the car was still at the front gate;  Michael and Janice are away to St Andrews and I assumed they’d be going in the car.... they have obviously gone on the bus.  On my way to The Bargain Store (Leven) I tangled up with two new sets of temporary traffic


lights;  a bit of a nuisance but not too much of a delay.    When I arrived at the Bargain Store, (aka as ‘The Cheap Shop’), I found that it had been totally reorganised inside and I was totally disorientated by the ‘new’ shop.    Everything is in different places, but my word, what a difference it has made.   There is a bigger choice of foodstuff and more freezers.   Anyway, I bought everything I wanted and will have a decent browse round next time.   The shop was busy.   Sainsbury’s, where I went next, wasn’t.

21.30    The five (Janice, Vicky, Seb, Michael and me) of us went to the 19th for dinner this evening.... and it was brilliant.   The first thing I noticed was that I wasn’t tuned in’ to Vicky and Seb’s Sussex voices but after 20 minutes or so I was ‘back in Sunny Sussex’ understanding every word.   As ever the food was excellent (sausages and mash for me) and;  as was the company.    We had a really happy evening.    I left the ‘troops’ up at the 19th to have their sweet, while I came back to Ivy to have a Fudge Doughnut for my sweet.   There are (were) four FD’s in the box; on advice from Nicky, I took a bite out of each one. They are all mine now!    (Actually I didn’t.... but I was sorely tempted!)

I’m tired after a busy day.  I went out on the bike in the afternoon... only up to Chapel


Green to see what was happening up there.   The new ‘Chapel Green’ House’ is beginning to look like a house now;  I’m looking forward to seeing it without scaffold around it.   The stonework is something else.... in fact the finished building is going to be breathtaking.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....