Feeling apprehensive ....

26th August 2022 (Friday)    07.00 ..... I must have been tired last night;  it’s


not often that I have an unbroken night’s sleep but I did last night..... and it has me feeling ‘adventurous’.... but also apprehensive re the energy price rise.   

The weather is slightly disappointing at present;  we have a few spits and spot o’ light rain, and the sky is heavily overcast.   The spits and spots o' rain may fade away (it's meant brighten up by midday);  I need a good drying day ‘cos I have a washing in the machine   Going out on the bike will now happen later;  when the sunny spells arrive!

08.30   The 80% rise in the cost of energy, from £1971 to £3549, is easy to understand;  at the moment my central heating is set at ‘20’.... so, set at ‘4’ my gas bill would be the same as it is now.  Yep ... it’s going to be a cauld winter.


22.00   The ‘Boy’ (that’s me) has been busy.   Wellll.....let’s say nearly busy.   The sheets I had on the line, dried quickly; and were on the ironing table (where they are still) long before the rain came at 16.35 (I checked my watch).   I also took a turn up to Chapel Green on the bike at 15.30;  I needed the exercise, not having been on the bike for a couple of days.    Chapel Green was fairly busy with folk out enjoying the afternoon:  I could see heavy rain across towards Edinburgh and the West of Fife;  and it was coming our way.... which it did as mentioned above.

It looks like I could do another washing tomorrow;  ‘light clouds with a moderate breeze’ is forecast so I’ll get the downie cover done.   Maybe even the towels.    I should get out on the bike early and do a ‘roond the villages’ tour .... (I haven’t been at the harbour for a few days).... there’s a ‘low chance of precipitation’, which, if it is precipitating;  will be precipitating somewhere else.   

As expected, the major talking point (on the News Channels) is the huge increase in the


cost of gas, electricity, food and fuel... the cost of literally ‘staying alive’ this winter, is going to be astronomical.   It doesn’t help when you realise that all that money is going into someone’s pocket.... they won’t have to worry about ‘staying alive’.   And neither will our politicians; who I have no doubt, will be telling us how to stay warm... and hopefully alive...this winter.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....