Breezy .... and bright

7th August 2022 (Sunday)     08.00 .... It’s a bright and breezy day, and I am


feeling adventurous ... so I’m going to the new BM Store in Glenrothes.... with Alice.   This will be the first time in Glenrothes since COVID.... not that BM is very far into Glenrothes but so will be a change o’ scenery.   Slight flap on now.

12.30    The new Glenrothes B and M is huge... next door is an Aldi (with garden centre) and across the road is Morrison’s so a useful group of shops adjacent to each other.  Finally, there’s also a MacDonalds just along the road.   The beauty of all this is that it’s just off the main road into Glenrothes so easily accessed.    I enjoyed the trip to Glenrothes with Alice who knows all the shortcuts.   I managed to get ‘lost’ after I dropped her off at No ??.   I forgot to go up to the old Kirkland School road and ended up at the ‘Road Closed’ sign;  luckily two taxi’s were behind me and they knew how to access the toad I wanted so I followed them.   I won’t use Wellesley Road again.... not until the preparatory bridge work has been sorted out, and the temporary bridge is in place.


17.15   It has been a good drying day and the washing I hung out after I got back from Glenrothes is almost dry.  Sometimes it looks like there’s going to be a shower but we’ve been lucky.   The next few days are going to be ‘good drying days’ so I’m going to wash the bedding I have stashed away in the drawers under the bed.   I fell fast asleep after lunch; I was watching the Commonwealth Games at the time, so I’ll have to check the results in the evening.   I meant to go out on the bike this afternoon, but falling asleep and the roads being busy changed all that.

21.00    I’ve been thinking about the MacDonald’s (Glenrothes), that I mentioned above.   The first time it came to my attention was one day when I was passing in the car, with the ‘Troops’ ... Emily and John... Emily would have been about 6 ish ... JB 4 ish.   Suddenly JB say’s “Grandad there’s a MacDonalds”... to which I replied ... “it’s a drive through;  I don’t know how to go through them”.   Both voices from the back seat said “we’ll show you”!     And that’s when I learnt how to use a ‘drive through’ MacDonald’s.  Ye Gods....that was nearly 30 years ago.

It’s going to be another bonnie day tomorrow. ...and warm.    ‘Sunny Sussex’ is going to


be at heat wave temperatures. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....