Damp .....

15th August 2022 (Monday)     08.00 .... The sky has a look of rain about it


just now, but it should brighten up fairly soon to give us light showers (according to the forecast).   We had heavy rain overnight, with thunder at 02.00... the nearest lightning strikes being at Shell Bay.   The Yellow warning for thunder is active until 23.59 tonight.   The air is much fresher after the rain and I hope to go out on the bike once the weather settles down.    There’s an active thunder storm moving towards Edinburgh from the Southwest (Biggar) direction.

10.30    The ‘troops’ come back from Dunfermline today;  they were at the Festival (Edinburgh) yesterday with their friends, Vicky and Seb.   This evening they are going to ‘The Ship Inn’ for dinner.... and tomorrow the five of us are going to the 19th for a meal;  I don’t know if it’s at lunch time or in the evening.   Seb and Vicky go back home to Sussex on Wednesday.

Balniel farm cottages before renovation.

The sun is trying hard to break through;  we had a short shower not so long ago... so I haven’t managed to get the sign on to the gate yet.    I’ll ‘ave morning coffee, then see how the weather is after that.   It looks promising.   The thunder storms, to the south of Edinburgh have all petered out, though the chance of showers remains.

17.00    The weather has been mixed.... we’re having a spell o’ light rain just now;  but I did get the ‘Ivy Cottage’ sign on the gate so I’m a happy boy.   Other than doing that, and some ‘ousework, I have had a restful day.   I didn’t go out on the bike.   The ‘troops’ have ‘been and gone’;  I think they are off to ‘The Ship Inn’;  they have booked a table upstairs so the weather won’t bother them.   And they get a good view of the ‘arbour.   Then again they could have just gone to the 19th for a ‘pint’, before going to the ‘Ship’ for their food.... and another ‘pint’.   I think the rain has stopped so I’d better take a photo o’ the gate.  

20.00    We have a wet evening;  a steady sprinkle o’ rain that will do the countryside

Robin Gray's.

some good... not a sudden deluge that would cause flooding.... as has happened in Devon and Cornwall.   The rain is forecast to be heavy overnight, and lighter by morning time.   I’m hoping for sunny spells tomorrow so that I can get out on the bike.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....