Cloudier .....

14th August 2022 (Sunday)   09.30 .... it’s cloudier this morning,  but the sky is


brightening and we should have sunny spells  shortly.    When I was out first thing ( I forgot the paper)  we had a lot of big blue patches toward the West;  in fact the sun was shining on  Earlsferry and the cliffs, but didn’t get as far as Elie.   Anyway it looks like we could have a bonnie enough day once the sun does break through.   At the moment the nearest thunder storms are in Northern Ireland and off the West coast of Scotland.   I’m having a cuppa before checking the weather forecast..... before I stain the gate.


17.30   The gate has been stained.... I only hope the stain is hard enough to cope with a thunder shower.   There’s a chance of us catching the edge of a storm that’s come up from the Borders, through Edinburgh, and is in the Kirkcaldy/Glenrothes area as I type.   We could get lucky as the general direction the storm is travelling in, is NNE towards Cupar etc.


19.00    We’ve had some rain... much needed rain actually.   We also had a few of rumbles o’ thunder from strikes off St Monans and Pittenweem.   The rain didn’t harm the newly painted gate; in fact I’m really impressed with the stain;  yes it was costly (£22 for 750ml) but it’s easy to use and quick drying.   It needs a different kind of brush stroke to apply it, compared to oil paint i.e.... and a soft brush, but I think I got the hang o' it.   It'll fix the new nameplate on tomorrow.    Weather permitting.


21.30    I’m happy with my ‘work’ today.. and I’m looking forward to getting the sign on the gate.   It’s only taken three, or it could be four, years to do this... write the sign i.e.   It was supposed to be done when I last stained the gate;  hey that could be even more than four years ago.  Anyway it be finished tomorrow;  unless the weather is naughty.   The forecast isn’t that bad;  ‘light rain showers with a moderate breeze’.   

After the rain there’s a fresher feel to the air tonight;  my breathing has been bad for the


past couple o’ days, but I was able to haul fresh air right down to the bottom of my lungs tonight.   It’s about 18 weeks since I had a virus and I expected to be my auld self by this time.   At least there are days when I feel almost ‘auld normal’:  then again there are some when I just feel ‘auld’.    I’ve had a happy day today in spite of the mauchless air.


Thunder showers are still around... the nearest strikes being Dunfermline and Kinross:  but they are starting to build up on the Lammermuirs;  so we could have some thunder showers overnight.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....