Cooler air ....

17th August 2022 (Wednesday)    08.30 .... With there being a brisk breeze


from the NNE, there’s a feel of autumn in the air this morning;  the sun has yet to break through the layer of early morning cloud, but once it does we should have a nice day.   I’m expecting a ‘good drying day’.

Seb and Vicky are going back home to Sunny Sussex this morning after a few ‘taster’ days in ‘Bonnie Scotland’.  This being their first time in Scotland, Michael and Janice have been showing them around; Dunfermline, Edinburgh, St Andrews, the East Neuk and.... most importantly....Elie and The Royal Burgh of Earlsferry.  

11.00   Vicky and Seb set off for ‘Sunny Sussex’, a wee while ago;  they should arrive home, in Uckfield, in the early evening.... it depends on how busy the M25 is.   Meanwhile we have a washing on the line on what is a good drying day!   There’s a cool breeze but it’s a bonnie day.

Janice on her way to Shell Bay.

17.45    Janice and Michael did Kincraig cliffs today;  Michael via the Chainwalk and Janice by way of the cliff top.    It was a beautiful day for doing the ‘walk’;  and they had are refreshment stop at the Shell Bay caravan park Cafe.   I am having a ‘rest day’... that began with a ‘sleep in’.   It hasn’t all been ‘rest’;  I have done some ‘ousework ... and a lot of thinking.  I’m going to bring in the washing, and if I do the folding up bit correctly, I won’t have to do any ironing.

22.15    Although I don’t seem to have done very much today, the time has passed quickly.... and I am content.   I don’t know what the ‘plan’ is for tomorrow but I must take a turn out on the bike in the morning:  I don’t intend sleeping in tomorrow... which is what I did this morning.   I never ‘catch up with where I should be’ when I sleep in.   At one point when sitting in The Hutte I started to think... and got into a flow.   Now I wish I’d taken notes.   I have a notebook out there now!  

We’re going to Leven to do a shopping tomorrow morning;  with Janice being there I’ll

'Stottin stanes beach - Kincraig cliffs.

get different things from what I normally buy.   I tend to buy the same foodstuffs... which might not be a bad thing the way prices are going ....but I feel a change of taste wouldn’t be a bad thing.   It will be a change from  shopping on my own.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....