Bonnie morning ....

8th August 2022 (Monday)      07.00 ....There’s a nice fresh air about this


morning;  but that’s going to change by midday.  I’ve just hung out two of the biggest sheets ever on what is going to be a good drying day.   There’s drawer under the bed that’s fu’ o’ sheets n’ stuff.... so I’ll wash my way through that lot over the next few days.   Some of them are still in the original packet.    Happy me.   I’m having a cuppa before going round the Ferry;  I need to get out on the bike to see what’s ‘appening around the villages.

I need to get an ‘E14 blub’  (their spelling) for my bedside reading lamp .... which I’ll get when in Leven tomorrow.   That said I’m not sure if B n’ Q’s sell ‘blubs’.

09.30    I’ve been ‘roond The Ferry’ on the bike.... and can report that all is good in The Royal Burrow;  well it will be once I finish the de-mancaving.   The village is busy with work going on apace at the ‘Chapel Green House’ building site.... and ‘Four Winds’.  It (the work) will be going on apace at Ivy Cottage too ... after morning coffee.   It’s a lovely morning for doing stuff.


21.00    I’ve done a reasonable bit of ‘work’ today, but had to give up after lunch because it was too warm.   Actually I had a restless night, because it was too warm .... and I’m thinkin’ it’s going to be the same tonight.   I feel uncomfortably warm already.

Brian dropped in for a chat this morning so I am up to date with the ‘Croch’  (Arncroach) news.    There didn’t seem to be much ‘appening at Arncroach, but we chatted for an hour covering various subjects;  time always passes quickly when you’re enjoying yourself....  and it did.

When Brian left, to go and pick up Morven (she was golfing), I decided to put up the new

Part of the new 'Four Winds'.

shower curtain.  I am well chuffed with it.   It will be tested tomorrow morning.   With the shower curtain in place I then decided to go to ‘The Store’ for some retail therapy:  however, with rising prices there’s not much in the way of ‘feel good factor’.   All the extra money we’re paying has to end up in someone’s pocket.  It’s like WW1, or any war;  some folk become obscenely rich manufacturing the arms needed by the combatants on the frontline.    “It’s an ill wind etc”!  

We’re in for another nice day tomorrow.... though probably too hot for this boy.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....