Nice quiet morning ....

28th August 2022 (Sunday)    08.15 .... Today is going to be a ‘rest day’.  


It’s not a great drying day, and I feel lazy ... er ... in a restful mood.   I’ve been for the paper (in the car) and had a quick trip to the harbour and a walk on the beach.   It’s a quiet morning, with a layer of low cloud drifting in from the North Sea on a light NE breeze;  I’m hoping for  sunny spells later....there’s blue sky showing on the Lochgelly weather cam.  I'm hungry... it’s breakfast time.

22.00    I’ve enjoyed a good rest day.... and tomorrow will be another one; Iain isn’t coming down until the 10th September.  That means I have another week to sort out the single bed.... loads o’ time;  and it means I can have a couple of ‘play days’.... or more. 


We ended up with a beautiful, bright sunny and warm, afternoon and evening;  a really bonnie day for  holiday makers on a Bank holiday weekend.   I went to Methil to have tea with Alice, Theresa (Alice and George’s daughter) and Sandy (Theresa’s husband).... it was a really enjoyable afternoon.   Alice is in the early stages of bereavement, but is keeping active and coping well.  Her daughters live locally and keep her ‘on her toes’;  and she lives in a quiet cul-de-sac in Methil with friends all around.  

My ‘plan for tomorrow has been amended since Iain phoned earlier in the evening;  I think tomorrow could end up being a ‘play day’.  The weather forecast is much the same as it was for today; but there’s a ‘low chance of precipitation’ in the early morning, followed, (I’m feeling optimistic) by sunny spells in the afternoon.   I want to get out early on the bike so that I can empty the battery, then get it fully charged for the afternoon;  and I want the ‘low chance of precipitation’ to happen somewhere else.

 I noticed that the signage for the road closures is starting to make more sense, with


HGV’s being directed away from Lower Largo and the quiet, and narrow, country roads.   

Tomorrow I shall read my Sunday paper (Observer)....and catch up with all the latest re the cost of staying alive this coming winter;  and probably the next two as well.  It is not going to be easy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....