Fresh autumnal morning ....

31st August 2022 (Wednesday)      06.45 .... On the last day of August we have


a bright morning with a light, cool, easterly breeze: in fact we have the start of a bonnie day, with more sunny spells than we had yesterday.   Oh dear... we should have a warm afternoon, and I’m feeling frolicsome again.... this could be a play day.

15.00    We have one tired ‘Boy’ at ivy just now;  after a busy and interesting morning.   I did a ‘dry goods’ shopping first;  then went to get Alice, have cuppa then go to the Letham Glen Activities Centre:  today was the first time it has been ‘open’ since the COVID pandemic began, and was only an introductory ‘Cafe and chat’ get thegither;  the plan is to have weekly meetings when you chat and have a cuppa while doing your ‘own thing’.   Hopefully the plans they have, come to fruition, because they would help a lot of people cope with what is going to be a difficult time ahead.


21.30    Happy happy ‘me’ .... ‘The Team’ (Myra, Kirsty, Geoff and me) are going to ‘The Smoke House’ (East Pier, St Monans) for lunch tomorrow;  it’s a few weeks since I’ve been at St Monans harbour.... and well before the COVID pandemic since I had food there.   The weather forecast is good for tomorrow .... “sunny with a light breeze”.... a bonnie day for being at St Monans ‘arbour.   The forecast also = a good drying day;  I might strip the single bed.   There will be ‘nae breengin’ with this bed..... the whole operation, stripping and putting back together, will be gently done.   It has taken me three days to recover from doing the double bed!   Its five months since I had the virus and, although I am definitely getting better, the fatigue still bothers me.   Mind you the cure for fatigue is pleasant enough;  an hour on top of the bed.

With the weather forecast being favourable the ‘plan for tomorrow is simple;  strip the


single bed and get the sheets etc through the machine and out on the line first thing:  when the washing is going through the machine, I’ll go ‘roond the villages’ on the bike.   Lunch is at 13.00 and that will be followed by a quiet and restful afternoon.  Yep .... I’m looking forward to ‘ra morra’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....