Early morning mist ....

13th August 2022 (Saturday)       06.00 .... it’s misty with a cool breeze off the


North Sea just now, but should clear up by mid morning, to give us another sunny day;  that said there will be a breeze off the sea... and the threat of haar around  now and again... especially in the afternoon. 

Janice and Michael are going to visit their friend in Dunfermline for a couple of days....and I am going to prepare the gate for staining.    Mostly it’s going to be a rest day.   Actually I might do a washing.

08.00    The villages were quiet when I went for the paper (in the car ‘cos I had to get milk) with not much happening anywhere.   Tom was at the harbour, (where I had a walk on the beach), unloading his early morning catch on what is a very peaceful morrrrrrrrning.


15.00     Wellll... I am now the owner of a 750 ml tin of  Ronseal ‘Rosewood Gloss’ Woodstain that set me back £22.  Never mind;  at least I can finish the gate tomorrow... and it is Ronseal.... a reliable name, but expensive.   I’m going to wash the inside of the gate after this update;  then get a coat on it in the evening.   There’s a ‘Yellow’ warning out for Thunder storms in Fife, from 09.00 tomorrow through to Monday 23.59 on Monday.... so I need to get at least one coat on before they arrive... if they arrive.   Thunderstorms are hit or miss so we could get lucky.   At the moment the nearest storms are brewing up in the  the Bay of Biscay.

20.00    As per ‘plan’ I washed the gate but haven’t painted it yet due to this being a bad breathing day... outside.   I don’t know what’s in the air but it has been there most of the day.   I suspect it’s a weather thing.    Anyway the gate is ready to be stained so I might get it done first thing in the morning... the stain is touch dry in 30 minutes....  an hour longer to be rain proof:  according to the blurb on the tin.

With the ‘Troops’ being at Dunfermline today (and tomorrow) Ivy Cottage has been


awfie quiet, though I have managed to keep myself reasonably busy... in spite of the ‘mauchless’ air.   The plan is to get up and out early tomorrow, then paint the gate when I get back.   Weather permitting it (the gate) should be finished tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....