Scotch Mist ....

2nd August 2022 (Tuesday)     07.24 ....There’s serious amount of  low cloud


and Scotch Mist just now....not only does it look bleak it is bleak.  However, the aforementioned dampness is forecast to move away by mid morning to leave us with ‘light cloud and a fresh breeze’.... with sunny spells coming our way about lunch time.   It’s actually quite a frisky breeze .... but it was warm when I was oot at the bucket (in my PJ’s) half an hour ago.   But there was a lack of oxygen.... I noticed that.   Must go; ‘ever so slight flap on’... got to come up with a ‘plan’ for today.   

08.00    Forget all the earlier dampness;  the sun has broken through and we are basking in the first of today’s many (long hopefully) sunny spells.   Happy me.   The ‘plan’ is to have another cuppa then get the bike oot;  after I see how the weather is settling down.


17.30    The first of today’s sunny spells turned out to be a rogue one, and didn’t last long.   It was nearer midday before we were basking in one, more or less continuous sunny spell.  I didn’t go out on the bike until 15.30, which was rather stupid because it was too hot for me and I had to abandon the master plan, which was to go to Ruddon’s Point.  The breathing tubes were seriously allergic to something in the air.   This has not been a good day for asthmatics.   I might go out again in the evening when the air is cooler.

21.30    It has been a bonnie day, and, though I couldn’t make the most of the sunshine, I have enjoyed mysel.  Coping with the changes brought about by the virus is challenging, but I feel that I am getting better, albeit very slowly.   This has been a tricky day to cope with.   I’ll have to learn to stay in on days like today;  there’s plenty I can do in the house.   Today I varnished the new sign for the front gate;  the ‘temporary’ one has been


on for three years.... I can write it in the afternoon.   It will need another two of coats o’ varnish before fixing it onto the gate.

I’m taking the car in to have a slow puncture repaired tomorrow morning;  I’m fed up of pumping it up every 4 or 5 days.   I’ll just wait while the job is being done, so tomorrow morning will be ‘rest time'.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....