Lively morning ....

1st August 2022 (Monday)   08.00 ....Well... it’s a bright and breezy morning


and, in spite of the wind chill, its warmer than I thought it would be .... though there is a touch of Autumn in the air..  I haven’t been out on the bike.... I didn’t get up until 06.45 so I’m running late.   The weather forecast is good... but there is a chance of showers later in the afternoon/evening.    I’m feeling lively even though I slept in; actually...it’s maybe because I slept in.

13.15   The ‘News’ (TV) is all about the Lionesses victory yesterday;  in fact I imagine it won’t be long before we have 16 new ‘Dames’:  picture the problems the commentators will have the next time the Lionesses play an international match; “Dame Mary Earps throws the ball out to Dame Lucy Bronze etc”...commentating could become a tricky job.  Another thing I thought about when watching the match yesterday;  The Manager of the men’s ... oops Lions must be a worried man ....!

I have been working (gently) in Ivy and can report that progress, though slow, is steady.


21.30    I’ve just found out that it’s raining ... and has been for some time by the look of it.  Having checked the forecast the rain we have just now is going to move away by the morning to leave us with a mostly cloudy and warm day;  with sunny spells in the afternoon.

Here is a bit of completely useless information;  there’s never a good time to have a migraine,....  but the worst time of all is first thing in the morning, because it spoils a whole day.   Actually I’ve had a reasonably busy day;  but I did take time out to watch the track cycling in the afternoon.... but tended to fall asleep and miss the end of some races.

Tomorrow I must do more de man-caving;   Michael and Janice arrive on the 11th... a


week come Thursday.   I’m doing ‘nae bad’ but things take longer to do nowadays.    Okay... I won’t switch on the tele tomorrow;  that way I won’t be sidetracked by the Commonwealth Games.  

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....