Bright and breezy ....

19th August 2022 (Friday)     09.00 .... It’s a bright and breezy morning;  and


it’s a frisky breeze so there’s wind chill..... a nice morning for doing things.

The A915 is closed in Lundin Links Hotel due to a major fire at the derelict Lundin Links Hotel last night.... a diversion as been set up, so we should get to the ‘Crusoe’ for lunch.    The diversion, for the X60 and 95 bus that’s been put in place, is via New Gilston and Largoward;  I don’t know if we can get to the Crusoe.   I imagine cars etc should be able to get to the Crusoe Hotel etc;   I’m waiting for a phone call to let us know if we can.   I’m hungry.

21.30    We were able to get to The Crusoe for lunch, but I couldn’t go for Alice as the bridge was ‘Closed’ to traffic when we got there.    Eventually we saw cars and small vans using it so one of the roads connected to the A915 had been ‘opened’ but it was too late to go for Alice as we were being served by that time.   We enjoyed lunch but I couldn’t help noticing that the chair opposite me was empty.   Janice and Michael were going to walk home (Janice is doing 20,000 steps per day), so I decided to go to Leven...by this time two ’95’ busses had used the bridge.


After a bit of manoeuvring I eventually connected with the A915 at the Tennis Court/Bowling Green Junction.   It was then that I saw the hoses along the side of the A915.... all the way to a hydrant near the Old Manor Hotel.... with another hose going down the dip and up to another hydrant almost at West end of Lundin Links.   Obviously when the hoses were operational, fighting the fire  or when on stand-by in case of a flare up, access to the A915 was not possible.   I had never thought of that.   I eventually reach Alice’s residential HQ and enjoyed a cuppa and blether.   Isobel (Alice and George’s daughter), arrived on her scooter (‘Maud’) and we had an extended chat.

I went home by the same route that I travelled when going to...i.e. by way of the bridge at


the Crusoe, but that is not the route that is now fully operational (for as long as needed I guess).    The recognised route is;  take the A915 into Lundin Links as far as the Cupar Road junction (on the bend at the top of the dip where the A915 crosses the burn) and follow the diversion signs till you eventually rejoin the A915 at  roundabout at the top of Scoonie hill.  It’s a dawdle.   This has been a hectic day, but enjoyable and happy, in spite of the hassle.

Michael and Janice are going to Kirkcaldy in the morning;  I will have rest day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....