er .... slept in!

29th August 2022 (Monday)      09.00 .... Well....... I missed the early part of


the morning;   I read my book (in bed) until 22.30 and didn’t wake up until 07.20 (nearly 9 hours later)..... long past my normal time of 05.30.    My work activities of the past couple of days must have caught up with me. Anyway, this morning  has a promising look  to it;   the forecast is for us to have thick cloud with a gentle breeze,.... but, at the moment, the cloud  is showing signs that indicate sunny spells later.... but the gentle breeze is off the North Sea.... so things could change.    I’m going to make another cuppa, feed Blob and have a look  'ower the gate’.

11.00   Sleepin’ in totally upsets my routine the whole day;  that said, I probably needed the rest.  However, I’ve been out on the bike, but only as far as ‘Nana’s Seat’ then up to Chapel Green.   ‘Pole Star’, the Northern Lighthouse Board (NLB) buoy servicing vessel, provided an interest change of scene in the bay this morning... which is why I was at ‘Nana’s Seat’.   This is going to be a rest day...  until the bike battery is charged; once that is done I might take a run up towards Kinneuchar, in the afternoon.   Ye Gods it’s morning coffee time already.

22.30   I never did catch up with the lost couple of hours when I slept in this morning;  but I’ve had a restful day and hope to be fresh and frisky tomorrow morning .... at 06.00.   I did a wee bit o’ ousework (nothing strenuous) and read the Sunday paper;  the ‘Comment and Analysis’ article by Andrew Rawnsley -“Sunak and Truss care more about their small differences than the crises facing Britain”- is really interesting.  It doesn’t matter which one wins, the gap between rich and poor will get wider.   A couple of weeks ago Truss said that “it isn’t evil for a company to make a profit”.... and she is right;  but, if one person dies this winter because they can’t afford to stay warm, or eat healthily, due to the cost of staying alive,....that ‘Ms Truss would be evil.


I hope to be back to normal tomorrow, and get up at my normal time of 06.00.   The weather is going to be more or less the same as today... cloudy at first with sunny spells in the afternoon.   It’s chocolate time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....