Lovely fresh morning ....

5th August 2022 (Friday)     09.30 ....There’s a fresh feel to the early morning


air now;  a touch of Autumn in fact.
 It’s a beautiful morning and I was looking forward to going to Kirkcaldy with Alice but had to cancel that plan because a migraine kicked in when I was at the harbour.  (When is the worst time to have a migraine?.... first thing in the morning).    I’ll potter around Ivy for the rest of the day.... and fall asleep in front of the tele.   Right now I need another cuppa.


21.00    This has been a ‘rest day’;   although I washed some bed linen, including a downie cover.... but that was all the ‘work’ I did.   Most of the time was spent dozing... and watching the Commonwealth Games.   At one point I ended up watching gymnasts doing rhythmic gymnastics (I think that’s what it’s called)  with a ball;  that was magical.   When they had the ball close to their body is was as if the ball was still and they were winding themselves around it.   They also did another exercise using a long ribbon on a stick... and another with two clubs.    They must have rubber joints;  not the clubs... the gymnasts.


We have a bonnie evening;  though it is breezy and feels cooler.  Light cloud and a fresh breeze is the forecast for tomorrow;  I should get out on the bike early.... earlier than I was this morning.   I met the ‘bucket cairt’ on the road from Liberty to Elie....the other vehicles behind it.   It was quieter on the way home.

No plan for tomorrow:  but I’ll finish the bathroom.  There isn’t much to do but I’m thinkin’ I’ll buy a warmer looking shower curtain;  I fancy one with poppies,  or some other bright flowers on it if I can find one.   The present curtain in blue with fish on it;  not very warm looking.   I’m thinking of the cold of winter; and it’s going to be cold this winter.  I’m thinking of the energy bills. Must ‘go’... ‘flap on’:  I need to find a bedtime book to read.   You won’t believe it..... I finished reading ‘Robinson Crusoe’ last night;  a lot of years have passed by since I last read Robison Crusoe.   He didn’t have to worry about energy prices!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....