Another bonnie day ....

11th August 2022 (Thursday)     12.30 ....  We have ‘wall to wall blue sky’


again today and it’s warm (25C in the shade);  so it is the perfect day for being in, or on the water, or just lying around on the beach.   The tide was out when I went for the paper (forgot the paper), via Elie Estate;  it was warm even then... that was at 07.30.   Since then I have been pottering around Ivy.   I have Janice and Michael’s room to ‘oover... and the slips to put on the pillows:  that will be done immediately after this update.   I will stay out of the sun;  don’t want to end up wi’ wrinkles when I’m auld!




22.30    ‘The Troops’ (Janice and Michael) are in residence, after an uneventful journey from Uckfield    The only hiccup was when the train had to travel slowly due to track maintenance;  this made it 9 minutes behind schedule when it arrived in Kirkcaldy.  The biggest surprise of all was at Kirkcaldy Station!   Normally no more than 24 people

would get off at Kirkcaldy;  not this evening.   It looked like more than a 100 got off;  
and there’s me looking for Michael and Janice in all that crowd.  I assume it was people that had been at the Edinburgh Festival  on their way home.   I’ve never seen Kirkcaldy Station so busy.   But it wasn’t only the Station that was busy....the roads were busy too;  all the way to Elie and Earlsferry.   Anyway we enjoyed a pleasant (if busy) journey home.

I’ve had a busy day, apart from the hottest part of the day when I had to have a catnap.  25C was the hottest it was in Ivy garden, which was bearable.... inside  Ivy. 

 I might go to Leven early tomorrow morning;  and, if I do go, I’ll buy stain for the gate.   Tomorrow is going to be another warm day;  perfect holiday weather.   When I think about it... this will be a changeover weekend so I imagine the roads will be busy on Saturday and Sunday.... and we’ll have a change of holidaymaker.

Michael and Janice have gone to the19th for celebratory drink after their long journey.  


I’m having a celebratory cuppa after a tiring day.   Funnily enough I enjoyed driving tonight;  right enough I have noticed that driving is not so much of a chore when there’s someone else in the car.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....