Overcast ....

18th August 2022 (Thursday)     07.30 ....It was on this date thirteen years ago

Austria - 1997.

Maggie died;  it seems like yesterday.    Thanks to the support from family and friends I adjusted to a new life without my best friend, and now enjoy living again, in a friendly community:  I feel that I belong.    It’s a good feeling.   We will take a wander up to The Boss’s seat at Chapel Green sometime today. 




13.00    Welll... when I go to do my usual shopping it’s a case of going in, picking up the things I normally buy, then head for the checkout.   Today we bought different things ....things that I’d forgotten about....so we will have some different ‘menus’ over the next few days;  and I’m looking forward to the different tastes.     


Tomorrow we are going to The Crusoe for lunch;  this will be my treat to the ‘Troops’.  We were at The Crusoe last summer and liked it;  the only thing is the distance from the upper car park...but the forecast is good for tomorrow so  the walk, though slow, will be enjoyable.

21.30  With it being a lovely evening...  I went up to Chapel Green to have a quiet few minutes ‘The Boss’.   Although it was bonnie I could see showers over towards Edinburgh.... and towards Crail.   But we were lucky;  though it might rain overnight.

Michael and Janice went for a walk in the afternoon so I decided to have a cuppa, and catch up wi’ the new on the tele.   I woke up nearly an hour later, the mug o’ tea more or less untouched, and I had a biscuit with a bite out of it in my hand.    I knew I was tired but didn’t think I was that tired.   However I felt refreshed so did the ‘ooverin.

Janice made a really braw salad for dinner tonight... with no actual cooking involved.  


My idea of a salad is a roll with lettuce and a couple of slices of peppered ham.   I will be more adventurous with salads in future.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....