Damp morning ....

20th August 2022 (Saturday)    08.30 .... although we have had some rain


the forecast is for us to have a mostly breezy and bright day;  in fact I am contemplating doing a washing.   I’ll wait until I see the sky clearing on the Lochgelly weather cam.   Right now ...it’s breakfast time;  and the Lochgelly cam is grey.

20.30   The sky broke up by late morning and we had a bonnie day to play with.   I did a washing and had it out by midday.   But I haven’t been very far today as my breathing has been iffy; however I did manage to do some ‘ousework, and some research on the computer.   Michael and Janice went to Kirkcaldy as planned and did some shopping.   One of the items they brought back was an extending arm, with tools, for cleaning the high panes of the windows.   That will save me climbing the step ladders.

I would have had a go at cleaning the windows this afternoon but fell asleep in The Hutte:  I have been awfie tired for the past few days.   I haven’t even been out on the bike today;  it was wet at the time I’d normally go out and the roads have been busy so I didn’t go out.


Michael and Janice have gone up to the 19th... and I am going to do some pottering around on the computer.   I haven’t been out with the camera today so I’ll have to dive intae the archives.

Autumn is the time when Robins stake claim to territory for the winter.   At the moment I have four in the garden;  Blob, wife of Blob and two of their bairns    A month ago Blob and wife were ‘in love’ and feeding the bairns....now we have the first skirmishes of  the territorial ‘war.   At the moment the one doing most of the chasing is the ex ‘wife’.  No sign of ‘love’ now.   She is in a serious state of moult and the bairns are starting to moult into their first adult ‘Robin’ feathers.... and we can’t have four Robins in one territory.   There will be serious scrapping soon.

Tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day and I intend going out early on the bike....


but have no other plans.   It all depends on what the ‘troops’ are doing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....