Quiet morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning .....

28th May 2022 (Saturday)    07.00....my goodness .... nae wind this morning;


  I’ll get the bike out.   When I say ‘nae wind’ I mean nothing like we’ve had for the past couple of days;  there is a light breeze from the WNW (F2-3) and that will freshen over the morning but only up to F4 or so.  Another cuppa then a quick turn round the villages (on the bike), pick up the paper .... then work.   Then I'll work until the bike battery is charged up and go out again, in the afternoon.    Happy boy. 

09.00    Well .... I had to have a slight change o’ plan;  because someone forgot to charge up the bike battery I was only able to do Earlsferry.... on what is a beautiful morning for biking.   The battery is being charged now so I should get out again after lunch.  The village was quiet, but I met Keith at Chapel Green out walking the dogs... and saw a few people on the beach.   It’s a grand day for working .... and it’s good to be wanting to do things again.

10.00   You’d hardly believe it;   the wind has veered slightly towards the NNE and we now have a layer of cloud between us and the sun.... so is cooler than it was when I was out earlier.  However, the sun is beginning to burn the cloud off to bring us the sunny spells mentioned in the weather forecast.... and raise the air temperature again.   I’m having ‘morrrrrrrning coffee’ before  doing some more tidying around The Hutte.





20.30    It has been a bonnie day...and with only a light breeze so very pleasant.   I worked in the garden most of the day... actually pottered about in the garden would be a better description.   I’m happy with what I managed to do but it’s frustrating not being able to ... well... ‘work’.   I want to ‘work’, and I’m slowly getting things done again. 

In between short spells of work I sit in The Hutte and read or do a Soduko.   This afternoon I’m sitting with the Soduko book in my hand, when ‘Blob’ flies in and perches on the book.   He is really tame now that he’s feeding young.   I feed him (and wife) crumbles digestive biscuit inside The Hutte;  that way they don’t get bothered by most of the bigger birds.

My muscles are slightly stiff tonight;  I think a hot shower is called for, followed by

The new 'Four Winds'.

bedtime chocolate with a dash of ‘something’ in it.

Tomorrow is going to be much the same as today, though slightly breezier.    The bike battery is fully charged so I hope to get round the villages at some point.   I totally forgot about the Salvation Army Band on the toll green this afternoon.  I still suffer from fatigue in the afternoon and cat-nap in The Hutte.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....