Moody sky....

13th May 2022 (Friday)     09.30.... It was magical at the harbour this


morning;  Elie harbour is bonnie at any time but when there’s a moody sky .... my word it’s fantastical.   And there was a moody sky this morning. 

It’s going to be breezy most of the day so I may go out on the bike later but that depends on just how breezy it is;  the forecast is for frisky winds in the middle of the afternoon (F5)... a fresh breeze.  It’s F6 in the middle of the Firth just now.   Yes... I’ve been for the paper (in the car ‘cos there was light drizzle around) and enjoyed my visit to the harbour.   All is good down there;  it could be interesting at high tide.

15.30   It has been a fairly wild day, with infrequent sunny spells.   The wind is F6 on Largo Bay but it won’t be that on the beach;  not that I intend going to the beach just now.... I have been doing ‘ousework (Spring cleaning time) and watching ‘Scott of the Antarctic’ intermittently (not the best film to watch on a dull day).   I’m actually enjoying a quiet day... and ‘ousework is not hard the way I do it.   I don’t think I’ll be out the bike today.... unless the wind moderates in the evening.


19.30   The wind moderated but not enough to make me stop my ‘appy ‘ousework session.    Anyway tomorrow is going to be a slightly better day with more sunny intervals and less wind; that’s better ‘play day’ weather.  It’s strange me actually enjoying pottering around with ‘ousework;  probably because it was dull and windy out.  

I found athletics to watch on the TV so I’ve had a (surprisingly) enjoyable day.  I blame that virus I had for me enjoying staying ‘in’.   When I think about it the actual 4 days of the virus was ‘just a cold’;  in my case the after effects are much more discomforting.

22.00    The wind has dropped to F5 out in the Firth so we’ve had a much quieter


evening.   Having had a decent ‘rest day’ today I am contemplating going out on the bike early tomorrow morning... before the roads get busy; and if it isn’t too windy.... or cold in the earlier part of the morrrrrrrning.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....