Overcast with a light breeze off the sea....

3rd May 2022 (Tuesday)    07.30.... ‘Cloudy with patchy drizzle in the


morning’ is our forecast.... then cloudy and dry in the afternoon:  at the moment it’s cloudy with a light Easterly breeze.... and dry.   Sunny spells aren’t mentioned but you never know with Bonnie Scotland’s weather;   we might get lucky in the afternoon.    As things are it's going to be a computer/drawing morning.

09.00    I’ve been using a copy of John Henry Parker’s ‘ABC of Gothic Architecture’ for many years.   John Henry Parker describes this ‘ABC’ as follows... “this little work is intended to serve as a stepping-stone to larger and more expensive works on the same subject;  such as my “Introduction to the Study of Gothic Architecture”.   I decided to see if I could buy a copy the larger version;  this morning I got lucky and have ordered a ‘good condition’ copy of Introduction to the Study of Gothic Architecture from a bookseller in Cambridge.... cost, including postage,.... £19.   I’m a happy bunny this morning.... even if it is dull outside.


11.30    Cloudy = good day for shopping .... so I’ve been to ‘The Store’ (Ainster) and had some retail therapy.    Prices are going up noticeably, but we have to grin and bear it.   Think of the lean couple of years that shareholder’s went through;  BP shareholders are doing very well, as are all the folks pocketing the extra money that we are paying for gas, electricity etc.   

21.00   It was a virus that caused made me faint at the Breakwater;  we’ll never know if it was ‘the virus’ because I didn’t test myself at the time.... I didn’t think it was bad enough.   That virus fired up my asthma (it is settling down again) and I have a phone appointment next week with the Asthma Nurse.  

I had a run up to Kinneuchar in the afternoon, then down to Elie harbour on the way


home;  everything is where it should be in both places.   The beach was quiet;  so quiet that three Shelduck were feeding at the tides edge.

The wind is veering to the West tomorrow .... sunny spells with light showers is forecast for KY9;  and it’s to be warmer.   I plan to go out on the bike after the Earlsferry morning ‘rush hour’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....