Quiet morning ....

24th May 2022 (Tuesday)    07.15 ....There’s a quietness about this morning; 


I’ve been out in the garden and it reminds me of Balcarres....sort of green and busy with insects.   I see we have a nest of Red wasps (vespula rufa) somewhere West of Ivy...going by the flight line they take after collecting wood scrapings (to make ‘paper’) from an old pair of wooden steps I have outside the Hutte.   They always nest underground, and the nest is never huge with only about 300 individuals eventually.   Unlike the Common Wasp (vespula vulgaris), (the one we swat away from the picnic table on a warm summer day);  they that can have many thousands in a large nest by the end of summer.

I think I could get the bike out today, there’s a light breeze and it’s cloudy so not as warm as it was yesterday ... the sun is trying to break through but it’s ‘aving a fecht just now;  ‘sunny intervals and a fresh breeze' is the forecast for KY9. 




12.00     I’m having the best day since  that virus agitated my asthma 8 weeks ago;  fingers crossed etc.   It’s a bonnie day now and I’ve been for the paper;  and down to the harbour.   ‘Sundance’ wasn’t where she normally is....Steve was going out on her;   it’s a good sailing day.   I did the whole tour of the villages and might go out again, later in the afternoon:  however, some ‘work to do’ thoughts are making me feel guilty –ish.

16.00    Fairly frequent heavy showers prevented me from working in the garden this afternoon; and ....they also prevented me from going out on the bike.    That wasn’t a bad thing.... I’ve been feeling good all day and would probably have overdone the ‘work’;  as it is I sat down to watch something on the tele and fell asleep for about half an hour, and woke up feeling refreshed.   I might have a walk to the beach in;  in the length of time it takes to make and enjoy a cuppa.

20.00   I changed my walk direction and went up the road to ‘snap’ the clouds over the


GHC. The golf course was quiet.   I would have gone further but spots o’ rain started to come out of that big cloud.

Well.... this has been a good day....almost a pre virus ‘normal’ day.  I’m tired now and will have an early night.   Tomorrow I’m picking up Alice (my deceased workmate George’s wife) and we’re going to visit Kellie Castle and garden.   I’m hoping for another day like today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....