Bright and breezy ....

31st May 2022 (Tuesday)    06.00 ....It’s a lovely morning, but, with the breeze


being from the NE it's cool;  that said, the sun has only being ‘up’ for an hour so it should be much warmer, albeit with the cool breeze, by mid morning.   I’m having a cuppa before going out on the bike.

11.00    The paper hasn’t been picked up, because I got intae a state o’ excitement with a moody sky.  It was ‘bonnie’ but it’s now raining and cold so not a nice day at all.   We’re all looking for warmer weather for the Jubilee  weekend.... and, luckily, the forecast is ‘more promising’   Mind you it wouldn’t take much to be warmer than it is today;  there’s a wintry feel to the air.

When I was out I could see that it would most probably rain .... so I did the whole tour of the villages... and Elie Estate.    I have to go up to the Chemist sometime today so I’ll pick up the paper then.

I enjoyed the ‘forgot to pick up the paper run’ but it was cold on the lugs ... and hands. (I went out without gloves).

'Romantic' corner.

19.00   Em and John have done a load of work in the garden;  all the jobs that I intended doing have been done;  and I really really appreciate it.   Apart from making the tea I have been useless having started the day with a migraine.   The ‘romantic corner’ has been uncovered;  all I have to do is paint the table and  a couple of picnic seats beside it and it’s ready to ‘go’ for the summer.    Summer?.... it certainly wasn’t summer this morning;  it ended up not only cold but also wet.    However the afternoon was bright and sunny and the day is ending brightly.     I think it is supposed to be warmer tomorrow.... ‘sunny intervals with a gentle breeze is the forecast.   The temperatures, though warmer, won’t be where they should be at this time of year.

Emily and John are away to Anstruther for the renowned Ainster fish suppers for our dinner.    I’m looking forward to dinner.

21.30    There’s no doubt about it ....the Ainster fish suppers are superb, and a joy to ‘wear’.   I’m on a diet.... starting tomorrow.  

Well this has been a busy couple of days.... not for me;  for Emily and John.   They have done a massive amount of work in the garden and I should be able to potter around keeping it tidy.   I didn’t realise just how much needed to be done.    Anyway, thanks to the efforts of Em and John it is looking lovely now; I’m tired..... and that was just watching it happen.  I have really enjoyed having them.... not just because of the work (which was greatly appreciated I can tell you) but the company and having someone to listen to my chattering fair cheered me up.   Yep I’ve had a really really enjoyable time.   They are setting off for home tomorrow, via a stop, to visit friends, in Kirkcaldy, then John's parents in Cumbria.

I am going to have a lie in tomorrow;  I might look out the paint to paint the table;  in


fact I might even start painting it.   I need to have the ‘romantic corner, looking good for the summer.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....