Lovely morning ....

19th May 2022 (Thursday)    07.00 .... The weather forecasters said it would

Hawthorn flowers.

be ‘bright breezy and warm’ today... and ‘bright breezy and warm it is;  even at this time of morning.   I will go out on the bike after I hang out the washing... aye ...it’s going to be a good drying day.  The pollen count might be high later on.

I’m feeling fresh and frisky this morning and looking forward to pottering around the remains of ‘Kinneuchar Auld Kirk’.   When I’m in Kinneuchar I’ll visit Shona for a cuppa;  I haven’t seen her for a while.

It looks like ‘Sunny Sussex’ might have thunderstorms later on today;  there’s a whole heap of them moving across the English Channel.   Not that they will bother us.... but they might keep 'JB' awake.


10.30    I have been busy with ‘ousehold chores so far this morning.   After hanging out the washing I decided to go to ‘the Store’ to do a wee bit o’ shopping:  I am now having a cuppa before going up to Kinneuchar (by way of Elie) to measure up the arcade arches and try to work out what size of building the last pee Reformation church was.   It certainly didn’t have half a Nave.   It’s a lovely day, and (fingers crossed), so far, the pollen hasn’t set off any reactions.   I think the wind direction, being from the SW will have helped.

20.30    My trip to Kinneuchar ‘Auld Kirk’ remains was interesting;  I found more medieval stonework.... not enough to make a kirk, but enough to give me an idea how they ended up with the kirk they demolished, before they built the present one.    It would have been more interesting if I hadn’t left my glasses .... and Shona’s scones in the kitchen;  however with a bit of peering I was able to read the foot rule... and Shona’s scones will be replaced tomorrow.   I’m going back to do some more measuring.

It has been a perfect day for pottering around; the washing dried and has been ironed, and my breathing has been good.  

I’ve just been speaking to ‘M’ on Skype;  she has been complaining about the long dry


spell.... well that has broken and they’ve had thunder and lightning all night.... and it’s still rumbling away.   Her garage is flooded (water comes under the doors) so she’ll be sweeping that out sometime later today.   I checked the  World wide lightning website (Oceania), and it is one huge storm right enough.   I’m orf to put the kettle on.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....