Bright and breezy ....

18th May 2022 (Wednesday)   09.30 ....It’s bright and breezy this morning....


and not too cold considering the wind (F4).    I’ve been out on the bike and hope to go out again after the battery is charged.   I forgot to go for the paper but did get to the harbour.... and things have been 'appening down there;  parking spaces and double yellows have been been painted;   it looks very smart... so I moored the bike up in one of the spaces.   Actually getting in and out of modern cars could be tricky;  the spaces look 'skinny'.   Bikes nae problem!



18.30    I didn’t go out on the bike, even though it has been a good biking day:  instead I went up to the Colinsburgh Lite Bite Lunch in the car.   For some reason this has been a bad asthma day... probably high pollen count... so not really a good day for me being in the fresh air.   It was fine first thing in the morning but it all went downhill after ‘morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee’ time.


It was good catching up with everyone at the ‘lite Bite’ lunch;  this is the first time I have been at such a gathering, relaxing with no masks;  I felt that things were, more or less, back to normal.   On the way back to the car I met Jim (Ednie) the blacksmith and Davie (Dewar) at Jim’s yard.   It’s a while since I had a blether with them.   It has been a good day....apart from the asthma.

I must try to catch up with ‘M’ (New Zealand) this evening;  I missed her last night ‘cos I was busy on the phone.  

20.30  All is good in New Zealand.... though ‘M’ is wanting rain for the garden.   Imagine not having rain in November in Bonnie Scotland!    The month of May in New Zealand is the equivalent to November here.   Mind you ‘M’ does live in a dry corner of North Island.

I intend biking up to Kinneuchar tomorrow to check out the area where the auld kirk


was;  I’ll have to be back in Ivy by 11.00.... before the pollen etc gets too high.   Oh my breathing is fine now.... it cleared up about 19.00.   There’s a ‘chance of precipitation’ overnight but the forecast is good for tomorrow;  ‘wall to wall’ sunshine if the forecasters have got it right.

We have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ tomorrow afternoon in the Kirk Hall;  I might bike along to that but it all depends on how bad the pollen is.   Slight ‘flap on’ .... it’s chocolate time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....