Breezy .....

12th May 2022 (Thursday)    07.00 ....I did see patches of blue in the sky, but

Stella and Alex - stonemasons.

the forecast is for KY9 to be cloudy all day and cooler;  having said that the ‘bloo’ patches are encouraging and sunny spells could drift over now and again.   I’ll bike up to Chapel Green later in the morning, dropping in to see Heather and Alistair on the way.   I’m thinking of going to Leven to do a wee bit shopping;  I like Somerset honey and ‘The Store’ doesn’t stock it... but Sainsbury’s does.      Must ‘go’ slight flap on now..... I’ve had breakfast etc.... now I need another cuppa before making my mind up whether to go to Leven or not.

10.00    It’s a bonnie day now... and I’ve been to Leven so the remainder of the day is ‘play time’: after I put the messages away.   Shopping is noticeably more costly.... but I got the honey I wanted,.... and my usual shopping.  It was a good time to go shopping as the shop was quiet, so it didn’t take long to bumble round.   I need a cuppa before getting the bike out.


18.30    I so nearly visited Heather for morning coffee;   on the way down from Chapel Green I went down Glovers Wynd, intending to go in via the garden...but I couldn’t get the gate to open so I went back up Glovers Wynd meaning to go in at the top gate;  and that’s where it all went wrong.   I spoke to a visitor for a minute, turned round after our chat, saw the new 
'Four Winds’ and  started to take photos of the progress.   And that’s all it takes for me to be diverted;  I took off for Elie Estate, all thoughts of coffee having dropped into some corner of the auld brain.   I enjoyed my trip through Elie Estate and got back to Ivy in time for lunch.   It was now that I remembered my missed ‘morrrrrning coffee’....it was a really nearly ‘nearly’    Sorry aboot that Heather.

I’ve had a lazy afternoon (after a busy morning) and I’ll be in bed early tonight ‘cos I don’t think I have been so tired for a long time.... and that’s after a catnap this afternoon. 

20.30    ‘M’ (New Zealand) is back on Skype after having visitors for the past week;  she

Toll Green - Elie.

sounds happy (I couldn’t see her ‘cos she didn’t have the camera ‘on’).   Colin and Sue (son and partner) are still there so ‘M’ is being ‘waited on’ .... and enjoying the attention.

I see we’ve had a shower o’ rain (I’ve been putting out the green bucket);  I think it should pass over during the night leaving us with a cloudy, dry and very windy day tomorrow.

It's chocolate time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....