Good 'play day' ....

 

30th May 2022 (Monday)    08.30 .... I’m looking forward to Emily and John

Elie Bay at 07.00.

coming;  a good old catch up gossip is on the cards.   E’ phoned to say they’d arrive mid afternoon.  

I went for the paper (and a punnet o’ strawberries)  then had a quick trip to the harbour;  everything is good down there.... except the water;  the tide was out.   I came home by way of St Minnins and Kinneuchar;  both  looking good, even under a grey sky.  It’s breakfast time.


21.00    The tidying up has gone apace today;   most of the work has been done....not by ‘me’ I hasten to add;  but by Emily and John.   I’ll take a photo tomorrow of the ‘team’ .... and the work that has been done.   A huge ‘thank you’ to  Em and John, having done in an afternoon, what would have taken me a month to do;  if ever.    I am one happy.....  and grateful boy tonight.    Alice will get a surprise the next time I bring her along.   Oh ... Alice has a lovely garden, both she and George (her husband) being keen gardeners.


Emily and John arrived about 14.30 and we promptly had a cuppa and quick catch up of their news.   I updated them on my ailments; then they set to work on the garden.   Blob and wife joined in and all of us had a busy afternoon.    Well .... by afternoon time I am in ‘rest’ mode so didn’t do very much .... but I did sort out dinner (Cumberland Pie).... and strawberries and ice cream..

It has been a bonnie (and warm) afternoon...after a rather nondescript morning that included some spits and spots o’ rain.  

Emily and John are off for a walk along the beach.... and to admire the stonework at the


new ‘Chapel Green’ House.   John comes from Cumbria and his parents live near where the Cumberland slate comes from.

I’m orf to put the kettle ‘on’ so that we can have a cuppa when the ‘Troops’ arrive back from their walk.   It’s a beautiful evening and I did think of going out on the bike but the cool evening air would agitate the tubes.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....