Mmmmm .... showery looking sky

23rd May 2022 (Monday)    07.30 .... at the moment the sky is overcast and


we’ve had a light shower o’ rain;  not very promising looking.... certainly not for going out on the bike.   Spells of sunshine are mentioned in our weather forecast for today ...unfortunately so are showers.   I might take the car up to Kinneuchar.

12.30    I did take the car up to Kinneuchar;  the air (drifting down from the Central Belt), was really bad this morning.... until heavy showers of rain further West cleaned it (the air) about 11.30.   When the cleaner air reaches us (asthmatics) the relief is instantaneous.... and very noticeable:  Anyway, enough of ‘asthma talk’.   I managed to get the photos and measurements I wanted so I’m a happy boy.   I still need to have some exercise (bike) but I’ll leave that until later in the afternoon.... or evening.

16.30    So far I have had a laz ... restful afternoon, sitting in The Hutte doing Soduko’s and chatting to Blob.   Blob and Wife of Blob are feeding young ones;  I expect the ‘Bloblings’ will make an appearance in a couple of weeks.   It has been a nice afternoon but shower clouds have been around;  in fact one such cloud looks like it might cause a spot of dampness very soon.    I might get the bike out in the evening. 


‘M’ hasn’t been on Skype for the past couple of evenings:  20.00 (UK time) is our usual time, but Colin (her son) was there for the weekend so she will have been busy.  It will be Tuesday in New Zealand this evening so I imagine she will be back in action tonight.

I’ve done a wee bit o’ ousework today but quite honestly this has been a ‘rest day’;  I’m hoping for a better and more active day tomorrow.  I see spots o’ rain on the window so we are catching the edge of a shower cloud;  it should clear the air. 

18.30    I’m happy enough with what I have achieved today;  it wisnae much but it disnae take much to make me happy.   The air seems fresher since that rain  shower;  it kinda looks like we could get another one.   I’m thinkin’ the bike won’t be out today;  I was hoping to have a run round Earlsferry at least.  Never mind;  I might get some physical activity tomorrow.

21.30     We had an interesting sky so I had a slow wander to the beach in the evening....


and I mean slow.    My word.... that virus I had was nothing at the time.... but the after effects are ‘something else.    It has certainly agitated my breathing tubes:  I’m fine on the bike but walking can be a struggle sometimes.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....