Windy and not warm ...

25th May 2022 (Wednesday)   07.30....Hmmmm ...we don’t have a bonnie start


to the day: It’s windy and the is sky overcast with spots o’ rain hitting the window now and again and it’s cool.  The forecast for later in the morning and afternoon is better; windy with sunny spells.  It is a good day for wandering round Kellie Castle, then having a cuppa/lunch (if there’s food available) followed by walk round the garden in the afternoon sunshine.   A interesting way to spend a cool day.

17.30    It has been a mostly bright and breezy day....but....when Alice and I were going round Kellie Castle gardens (this was in the middle of the day) we saw some heavy looking shower clouds, but luckily most of them never got beyond the spits and spots stage: Until the last one.... it reach deluge level.  However by that time we were ensconced in the Cafe having lunch.   The actual Castle was ‘Closed’;  and will remain ‘Closed’ for a couple of weeks.... an ‘ousekeeping problem needs to be sorted.   The garden is a mass of fresh greens and early flowering ‘floo’ers.... absolutely stunning.    We’ll do the Castle layer in the year.   That is if Alice lugs have survived the constant chattering they’ve had to put up with today.   Alice is a good listener.


21.00   My word;  this has been a busy and pleasurable day, and I am tired tonight.   Tomorrow will be a rest day; in fact, having seen Alice’s garden then Kellie Castle garden I’ll potter around the garden most of the day.  Although I like the garden ‘wild’ (and insects certainly do) I think a spot of tidying up wouldn’t go amiss.   That will be a job for tomorrow.

There has been a brisk, and cool, wind all day and it looks like it could be even windier tomorrow.   If I’m out on the bike it’ll be early;  having said that, I might not be extricating myself from my bed very early so ‘going out early’ tomorrow morning might be about 10.00.

We have a bonnie evening albeit windy and not as warm as it should be at this time of


year.    I’d go down to the beach but bedtime chocolate is warmer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....