Autumnal feel to the air...

26th May 2022 (Thursday)    08.00 ....The first thing I noticed when I went out


this morning was the temperature;   it’s chilly.   I expect the sun will warm the air up once it’s higher in the sky, but the brisk wind will cancel out the warmth of the sun with a few degrees of wind chill.  I’ll be happy messing about in the garden sheltered from the wind.... with numerous ‘tea breaks’ in The Hutte.   The wind is forecast to freshen ... up to F6 or 7 in the afternoon.




20.30    I have enjoyed working in the garden... between tea breaks i.e.  When fatigue sets in doing Soduko’s in The Hutte is the perfect way of resting; and it was warmer out of the cool wind.   According to the weather maps, Iceland and Greenland were getting warmer air than us;  nae wonder the Greenland ice cap is melting.  Having said all that I can tell you that summer has definitely arrived;  the car windows are operating again.   Ever since Jimmy left the car with the window open, and a heavy shower o’ rain passed over, the
windows only operate from the end of May through to September/ October time.   Water got into controls on the driver’s side.   We were sitting have a cuppa in ‘No 10’ when Jimmy suddenly remembered he’d left the driver’s window open;  I went out to close it... and got slightly damp in the process.   Anyway the windows went ‘operational’ this morning.   Handy for the ‘should be warmer than today’ days of summer.

 22.00    At last the Government has decided to ‘share’ the obscene profits being made by the energy companies;  by helping us with our energy bills.  I welcome getting some of my money back but I’m still thinkin’ that next winter will be a cold one;   and that we have a worrisome time ahead ... probably for at least the next couple of year.   I bought a pair of ‘galluses’ so I won’t have to tighten my belt.   

I really did buy a pair of galluses;  they were delivered today... and they are serious

Kellie Castle floo'er.

galluses... made in the USA....  sold b by a company called 'British Braces'.   All I need now is a Harley and my arms full of tattoos.   They (the galluses) could be used to launch an intercontinental ballistic missile; being made of serious elastic.   Fun times ahead.

The cold air today has hampered my activities... and will do so for the next few days according to the weather forecaster tonight.   It will be another day tidying up around The Hutte tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....