Beautiful morrrrrrning ....

22nd May 2022 (Sunday)    06.45 .... Another beautiful, ‘bright, sunny and


warm’ start to the day;  and I’m vertical and feeling playful.   I need another cuppa.... then I’ll do a round of the villages before breakfast.   I’ll go to Kinneuchar later in the morning.   There’s the chance of ‘light showers’ in the afternoon;  but mostly around the City of Dunfermline neck o’ the woods; Orf to put the kettle on and get the bike out.

08.30   I’ve enjoyed the longest run out on the bike for a while:  out to the lighthouse (picking the paper up on the way) then home by way of Elie Estate.   However it looks like Kinneuchar may be ‘on hold’ today;  the sky is clouding over and the showers are nearer than I hoped, with one crossing over Leven.   Mind you, we have an interesting sky.

I cannae complain aboot pollen just now;  the main source of pollen at Ivy for the next couple of weeks will be the Rowan tree.  At least the insects enjoy it.... though I don’t know why;  it’s certainly not the scent that attracts them.   I’ll have to give serious thought to having the Rowan tree seriously lopped in the Autumn.


17.30   I decided to leave Kinneuchar until tomorrow morrrrrning;  although it wisnae bad this afternoon we did catch the edge of one shower, and there had been the threat all afternoon.  I did more research... and writing... so I’m happy.   The morning seems to be the best time to be out on the bike, so weather permitting I’ll get up to Kinneuchar.   The bike battery connections don’t like rain.


19.30    The weather forecast is ‘nae bad’ for tomorrow;  more o’ the same really.   I plan to go out after breakfast and get up to Kinneuchar by mid morrrrrrrrning.   I don’t have much to do up there;  just take a few more photos of individual items and take measurements.     I’m away to draw a rough ground plan of the pre Reformation kirk now.   Kettle ‘on’ time methinks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....