Grey morning ....

15th March 2022 (Tuesday)      08.15 .... George dying suddenly has knocked

George, Alice and Izzy (6th June 2021)
me for six;  however I am so thankful to have a load of happy memories, and laughs, of our time working together.    Some of the things we did were hilarious.    Sadly there can’t be many of the ‘old brigade’ left now;  time marches on, but  memories of  happy times remain, to keep, those of us who are still ‘stood staunin’ blundering on.

We have a grey but dry morning;  there is the chance of sunny spells later so I’ll go for the paper nearer lunch time.   Right now it’s breakfast time.


10.30   The sun has been trying hard to break through the clouds... in fact it did break through to give us a  sunny spell an hour ago .... so we could yet end up with bonnie day.   I need to get out on the bike with the camera; so I’m having ‘morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee’ before going up towards Kinneuchar to have a potter around.   I’m sure that I’ll find something to point the camera at.


22.30    I had a quiet time up at the woods near Kinneuchar station;  it’s a long time since I’ve been there.    Jimmy and I used to potter around the Mill Dam and the lead  that supplied the water for the Muircambus Mill.   The mill lead was made of cement and crossed the burn, supported by two lengths of railway line, (that dates when the last lead was built), before eventually passing under the road, crossing a field then under the railway line and into the mill pond.   I have plenty old photographs of our pottering;  I’ll need to dig them out as much of what we did, and saw, has been buried again.   I’ll go out there when the better weather comes round.

I have been invited, and will be going, to George’s ‘Celebration of Life’ Service in the Caledonian Hotel (Leven) on the 25th March.   It will be a happy ‘celebration of life’: George enjoyed life and has left happy memories all around....but he will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

‘Light rain with a gentle breeze’ is the weather forecast for tomorrow.   I’ll pick up the


paper when I take George along to the surgery at 11.30.    Most of my day will be spent around Ivy;  doing stuff on the computer etc.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....