Overcast ....

9th March 2022 (Wednesday)     11.30....The sky is overcast and there’s a brisk


southerly breeze, with the chance of showers.    I’ve been for the paper... and checked the harbour;  now I am settling into Ivy for the day.  Apparently COVID is rampant around the villages just now;  two of my friends have it, so most of my activities are ‘on hold’.... however I did a test yesterday evening and it was ‘clear’.   I intended going to the ‘istory Society coffee get ‘thegither’ at the Pav this morrrrning but decided not against that, and concocted a mug of my ‘Finest).  I’ll skip the Hope cafe in the kirk hall tomorrow too. 

I’m orf get a chicken casserole organised for lunch and to make some ‘ready meals’.  Must ‘go’ slight flap on... got an ‘ing-in’ tae peel and chop.

16.00   The kitchen work has been done.... and I ended up with 4 ‘ready meals’ for the freezer.  The dishwasher is ‘on’.... and the kitchen reasonably tidy.    Oh .....I nearly went out on the bike.... but decided that another cuppa would be warmer.    It’s a nice enough day but there is a cool wind, which has freshened since lunch time.  I’ll stay in rest mode.


I’ve been thinking about the COVID pandemic;  auld folk don’t have to worry about ‘long COVID’:  not that that is much comfort ....but it’s one thing less to worry about.  

21.00    It’s warm out there tonight (I’ve just been out at the bucket);  hopefully that’s a good sign for tomorrow.   ‘Light cloud with a moderate breeze is the forecast.... and the temperature could get up to 12C.    I might get out on the bike.   After working in the kitchen I settled down to watch a programme about  Canterbury and Glastonbury and the part they in medieval religion.   It was very interesting, but, as usual I fell asleep .... half way through the Glastonbury part.   I woke up and looked at the clock and thought it was 16.30... then I looked again; it was 17.30.    I’d been sound asleep for over an hour.   I’ll cut down on the work.

My ‘plan’ for COVID is .... to avoid it as much as possible until the warmer weather is


here..... and herd immunity has eliminated the ‘bug’.  The theory is good ....and it is positive thinking.  Plan for tomorrow?   Actually I might tidy up the last bits of clematis still clinging on to the trellis.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....