Dreich....

4th March 2022 (Friday)      07.00 .... After a night of heavy rain we have a


dreich morrrrrrrrning.... it’s overcast with light rain.   It’s the kind of morning for tackling the ‘Emergency Rations’ (chocolate biscuits) box I’m thinkin’.... only thing is,  I cannae dae that .... ‘cos I’m trying to lose a couple of pounds.   I want to lose the protective layer built up over the winter months.   I usually manage to do that when the better weather arrives.    That’s tomorrow
;  maybe even this afternoon. 

10.00    There’s still light rain falling (I’ve been out taking in the bucket), but there is also a more promising look to the sky.... and the air is cooler.   We could have sunny spells in the afternoon.   I’m about to start working (computer) for the next couple of hours; I’ve watching the tele for the past hour.... but.. .. "the ‘less you do.... the less you do”;  hence the computer work.... until the sun breaks through.


21.00    I finally got out on the bike in the bike, after lunch, and got as far as the harbour.   The sky was still overcast and I could see showers all around;  in fact there was one coming over Largo Bay that I was keeping ‘an eye on’.   On the way home I met Alan out with Jazz so stopped to chat to him.  A few spots of rain started to fall so I said ‘Cheerio’ to Alan and bumbled orf home;  arriving at Ivy just as the rain got a wee bit heavier.... but it never really came to anything, but enough to have me put the bike away.   I’m fed up of talking about the weather, but I doubt if you’d  be interested in my ‘computer stuff’;  not until it's finished anyway.

There was a colourful sky to the Northwest at sunset so we can expect a bonnie day tomorrow.   The beach had a good number of folk on it this afternoon, and the Ship Inn was busy going by the number of cars parked outside.   And there was a few folk wandering around the harbour area.  It’s great seeing the villages ‘alive’ all the year round, though I suspect we’ll be inundated this summer, with The Open being at St Andrews,... in fact the whole of the East Neuk will be inundated.    Maggie and I enjoyed being part of Fife Council marquee at three ‘Opens’.  Those were the days;  we met a lot of interesting people.

I ‘plan’ to do a ‘tour of the villages’ tomorrow, once the sun gets going:  it’s going to be


frosty (if the weather forecast is correct) first thing.   I’ll take my thermos mug with me and buy a coffee at ‘arbour ‘ouse (which is open for carry out), and take it to the seats at The Terrace overlooking the ‘arbour.    The wind is to be light and from the North, so that will be the most sheltered place... apart from the bus shelter.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....